Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:06:33 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Cast
| |-+  Mairead Carlin
| | |-+  New Beginnings and Christmas StageIt concert - A long-awaited review
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Beginnings and Christmas StageIt concert - A long-awaited review  (Read 990 times)
ÊnioBR

View Profile
« on: December 24, 2022, 10:11:47 AM »

Well folks, Christmas has arrived and one way to celebrate it is to thank God and everyone for the excellent year we had, and on this very special date I would like to thank Glen and Tracie for the gifts they gave me, thanks to you I am here sharing my experience in participating in this amazing virtual show.

Let's start with the New Beginnings concert (June 12)
Well guys, this was the first CW-related show I've ever attended, so it was something really surreal, and I'm leaving my comment for the highlights
Let's start with a question that Mairéad asked the audience, "a song that I've sung many, many times with the CW but I've never recorded it for an album" well guys, at first I just came to mind "Nella Fantasia" and in fact It couldn't be any other way, is it  ;D ;D, Ronan even said my name "Ênio Queiroz" with the beautiful Irish accent and the English phonetics to speak a Portuguese name, it's very cute  ;D. And then the song starts, and my God, how beautiful it was... I must have already said here how this particular version sung by her is my favorite, and it was a complete surprise because I really wasn't expecting a performance like this song, let alone this version. It was one of the moments that I was completely moved, a surreal experience.
Moving to the next what do we have? That's right "Fields of Gold" (if I was standing up at that time I would fall), oh my friends, this is simply my favorite song from the Ancient Land CD, and after Nella Fantasia she sang more this was an explosion of happiness for me ,
Then what do we have? "Like an Angel Passing Through My Room" Oh my God, I tell you, how happy I was right now, this song is becoming one of my favorites on Destiny, not the best, but one of the best. Recently I was listening to the album Destiny on my Google Assistant, and at the moment that song was playing my mother passed my four  ;D ;D, right at the time of the chorus, which I made a point of repeating out loud to her (after I explained the translation for her, even because she doesn't speak English 🤣) so this song has been gaining an emotional weight for me a little considerable...
And then? "AVE MARIA" Oh my lord... This was one of the songs I sang to enter the Conservatory of Music in my state, and it needs no comment, right? I love love love this song, for the arrangement and for the prayer itself, little mother always take care of me ❤️❤️.
And then she even sang "The Scientist" (Coldplay), yes you read that right. Coldplay is one of the few pop bands that I listen to (very sporadically), I don't particularly have this song saved on my phone or anything, but it's a song that I have a really big nostalgia for, and nostalgia is a very powerful tool KKK, after all, this song was featured in some of the movies I watched when I was a 10-12 year old, and seeing our beautiful Mairéad sing it was something just magical, I even listened to the song after that  ;D, because it was something that made me it reminded me of the good times of 2011-2012, and I remember watching Coldplay sing this song on television at Rock in Rio in 2011... Anyway, it was SURREAL  ;D.
Lastly, we have "One Way Ticket" from the Stay Away from Stars album that Mairéad recorded a few years ago, I didn't particularly know it but isn't the music excellent? I liked it a lot, there's something similar to "The Scientist" in it, I have the impression that I've already heard it but I don't remember exactly, as if it were a melody that I already had in my heart for a long time, anyway...
I think I may have forgotten a song or two but overall that was it guys, that was my experience with the New Beginnings show by the wonderful Mairéad Carlin, thank you Glen Swiggum for giving me a ticket, it was a day that I will not easily forget.

Christmas StageIt (18 Dec)

First thanks Tracie for giving me a ticket like this, I was super excited for this one as I really like Christmas music, and besides having a surreal experience at the previous concert, my expectations are high.
We started with "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas", OH MY LORD, I already started crying  ;D ;D ;D, and she was singing the CW version of David (without the homonym obviously, since she was singing alone), I recently saw this song being sung by the girls from CW on the youtube tour, and it was something extremely magical, and when Mairéad started the show with this song I thought "I can't believe it" it exploded my heart with joy.
"Silent night" was the next one, this song needs no comment... it's not Christmas without Silent night, isn't it friends? amazing is the only thing i can say... ❤️

Well guys, now things get more touching, next on the spotlight list we have "Orphan Girl", she sang this song before it was released yesterday, so it was a complete surprise, as it was a song that was new from Mairéad herself in years , I paid close attention to the lyrics, and... my God, that song was perfect for me. Here I'm going to go into the merits of what's happening here in Brazil: Basically since the last general elections (October 31) I haven't had a day of peace in my heart, basically a corrupt ideologized party won the elections for president (or rigged the elections anyway), this was the same party that was deposed from power in 2016, and that governed the country from 2002-2016 and was responsible for the biggest corruption scheme in America, and led Brazil to an economic crisis that even today we do not recover. We are currently in a complicated situation and only with the plans of the new government will Brazil become an Argentina, a bankrupt country. To give you an idea, a DVD Postcard From Ireland costs 20 euros, doesn't it? Unfortunately Celtic Collection doesn't ship its products to Brazil, so I have to buy it through Amazon, it turns out that they sell it there for 50 dollars plus some astronomical costs of taxes that Brazil has, the DVD would be for "only" 70 dollars (361 Reais ) LOL, just for you to have an idea, a minimum wage here is 1,100 reais (do you understand now why I ask you to record the special? LOL). And all this is going to get a lot worse in the next 4 years anyway. So when Mairéad sang this song, that was all that crossed my mind, especially in the chorus "Sail, sail, sail me away, Sail to Australia" is exactly what I think and what goes through my mind and the mind of my family in that exact moment "immigration". "Sail, Sail, Sail me, I PRAY" 😭😭 Just yesterday I was crying listening to this song, and as I write this too, it's very difficult to leave the place you grew up, after all I love it here, a nightmare without a doubt... So songs like this farewell are playing deep in my heart, every time I hear "Caledonia" "Isle of Hope"... my heart takes it personally. Anyway, Orphan Girl was the best our beautiful Mairéad has ever done, I loved it, I loved it, I loved every second of it.

Moving to the next one, we have "The Christmas Song" 🤩🤩, every time I hear this song I just remember Susan singing it, but Mairéad did an excellent job singing it, and I particularly liked this version a lot, great and beautiful .
Next we have "The Bleak Midwinter" Mairéad's voice reminded me a lot of Meav singing this song in the HFC special almost 10 years ago, but Mairéad has her own shine and her version of the song was the most beautiful thing I've ever heard of this song, I liked it a lot and your high grades... no need to comment, right friends? It's Mairéad being Mairéad  ;D ;D
The next song is to fall off your chair: "O Holy Night" 🤩🤩🤩🤩 I think I already told you how special this song is to me, it was when I was 13-14 years old that I sang in the choir in French, this song is beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, and Mairéad's voice makes the song grow even more, I have no more words for this one...
And last but not least, we have "Auld Lang Syne", this one I don't even comment on... Our beautiful Scottish Christmas song, which gives me hope for years to come... ❤️❤️

Well my friends, this is it, they say that when we receive a special grace from God, it is doubled when we share it. Here is my complete report on the shows of the beautiful Mairéad Carlin and I just have to thank Tracie and Glen for the gift, it makes me very emotional, and it was a surreal experience that I did not expect to have, thank you very much my dears.
I still have one more big post to do about the Special Postcards From Ireland DVD, but this one should stay for the new year, for now I wish everyone a merry little Christmas  ;D❤️❤️
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2022, 10:51:55 AM »

This is such a beautiful write-up Ênio! I'm so glad you enjoyed the concerts. Mairéad is such a special person and she gives incredible performances. I love seeing her perform so much!

Thank you for sharing your story of how much Orphan Girl means to you personally. That's really beautiful to read.

You're very welcome for the ticket! I found early on when Mairéad started doing stage its how much I enjoyed gifting tickets to others. Seeing comments from people that they wouldn't be able to see the concert if the ticket hadn't been gifted to them just really moved me. I love Mairéad's music and performances so much and I want other people to be able to experience it as well. It's also more ticket sales for Mairéad, gets more people listening to her music and following her as a musical artist, and it has the same effect as tipping, so it's just a big win all around. So happy I could do that for you!

A Very Merry Christmas to you as well!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2022, 03:05:00 PM by Tracie » Logged
ÊnioBR

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2022, 08:25:26 AM »

❤️❤️
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, New Beginnings and Christmas StageIt concert - A long-awaited review - Theme by GlenS