Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:33:37 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  Everything Else
| |-+  New Members
| | |-+  Thank You / Hello from SoCal
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thank You / Hello from SoCal  (Read 2255 times)
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« on: December 08, 2022, 08:23:18 PM »

I'll introduce myself & my family later.

First off, I wanted to thank everyone on this forum for all the info on this site. Before joining, I have used this site specifically for concert / tour info, meet & greet info, and all the behind-the-scenes info you all are so good at finding.

So this is my first order of business. THANK YOU!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2022, 08:25:29 PM by LakersCeltics » Logged
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2022, 10:04:39 PM »

Welcome to the Forum and your most welcome. Glad you have found the forum a good spot for info we have a bunch of good people here that all love Celtic Woman. So hope you enjoy your time here and if there is ever a question you have please ask and someone here should beable to answer it

Enjoy
GlenS
ÊnioBR

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2022, 06:46:44 AM »

Welcome  ;D ;D ;D
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2022, 07:33:25 PM »

Thank you! From what I can tell, a lot of members know each other from another CW forum. How long does that go back?

So I have always been more of a Celtic Thunder fan. I started liking CW more than CT only in the last few years. So I'm a bandwagon fan. (Sorry!) I've been catching up by buying the "best of" CDs first.

My favorite songs (right now) are: Love and Honour, and For the Love of a Princess.

My "Mt Rushmore" of CW is: Tara, Eabha, Hayley, Lisa Lambe.

This year, my family went to two CW concerts. Here are some highlights for me.

Postcards:
Got the Meet & Greet from our local PBS station. In fact, we waited in line with our PBS contact & got to know her. I am so thankful we got to meet Chloe on her 'special guest' tour of duty. Especially since we never went to any CW concerts years ago. They were all wearing facemasks, so the pictures are only 'ok' - nothing worthy of a Christmas card photo.

Christmas Symphony:
We got great tickets from our PBS station again. But then the event manager selected our family to sit front row center in the VIP section. She explained to me she likes to move kids there. Good thing we brought our daughter! Megan winked & waved at her many times in the show. And they could hear anything we wanted to cheer to them. Best seats ever!
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2022, 08:44:05 PM »

Thank you! From what I can tell, a lot of members know each other from another CW forum. How long does that go back?

So I have always been more of a Celtic Thunder fan. I started liking CW more than CT only in the last few years. So I'm a bandwagon fan. (Sorry!) I've been catching up by buying the "best of" CDs first.

My favorite songs (right now) are: Love and Honour, and For the Love of a Princess.

My "Mt Rushmore" of CW is: Tara, Eabha, Hayley, Lisa Lambe.

This year, my family went to two CW concerts. Here are some highlights for me.

Postcards:
Got the Meet & Greet from our local PBS station. In fact, we waited in line with our PBS contact & got to know her. I am so thankful we got to meet Chloe on her 'special guest' tour of duty. Especially since we never went to any CW concerts years ago. They were all wearing facemasks, so the pictures are only 'ok' - nothing worthy of a Christmas card photo.

Christmas Symphony:
We got great tickets from our PBS station again. But then the event manager selected our family to sit front row center in the VIP section. She explained to me she likes to move kids there. Good thing we brought our daughter! Megan winked & waved at her many times in the show. And they could hear anything we wanted to cheer to them. Best seats ever!

The old forum goes back to 2007 but the admin of the old forum has not been to the forum in 5 years and no new members  in the past 6 years so that is why I built this new forum and have had the help from Tom and Tracie and others to get this forum to where it is today. Out of all the single forums for CW this is the only forum that is still growing because we have a great bunch of sleuths here and they all seek out info and video's and dates and most of us here all met here and alot of us have met up at othr shows Enjoy the Forum
« Last Edit: December 10, 2022, 12:13:44 AM by GlenS » Logged
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2022, 11:18:22 PM »

Welcome! That's exactly why I joined the forum about 5 years ago now, for the news and information and to make friends with fellow Celtic Woman fans. I've met lots of other fans and we have so much fun going to shows together! Sounds like you've had great experiences at your first concerts!
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2022, 01:19:39 AM »

OMG Tracie! That pic you have in your avatar is awesome! What's the story on that? Post a link if you've already told that story before.

Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2022, 09:45:01 AM »

That pic was the first time my husband and I met Tara! It was in June 2018 on the Homecoming tour. We were walking around a park next to the venue in the afternoon before the show and Tara was on a walk. We said hello to her and that we were huge fans and she stopped and talked to us for a few minutes. She's such a sweetheart, as they all are. Getting to talk to the ladies is part of our fun of going to shows, they are so lovely to talk to and are amazing with their fans.
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2022, 12:27:33 AM »

That pic was the first time my husband and I met Tara! It was in June 2018 on the Homecoming tour. We were walking around a park next to the venue in the afternoon before the show and Tara was on a walk. We said hello to her and that we were huge fans and she stopped and talked to us for a few minutes. She's such a sweetheart, as they all are. Getting to talk to the ladies is part of our fun of going to shows, they are so lovely to talk to and are amazing with their fans.

Oh that's so cool! I was trying to figure it out because that looks more like your backyard than it does the stage door or a M&G. That's a sweet pic!
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2022, 03:04:17 AM »

Here's a pic of the VIP badges we got at the Christmas concert.

LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2023, 12:06:02 PM »

So one of my goals is to get an autograph from all of the CW ladies. I love autographs! I prefer getting CD covers signed, and in person (obviously on that last point).

I'll update this thread & post pics when I can.

Here's a pic I posted in another thread of what I got in person on the Postcards tour.

And another pic of my signed CDs.

And some more additions since the last pic. ;D

« Last Edit: December 23, 2023, 02:22:03 PM by LakersCeltics » Logged
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2023, 02:21:41 PM »

I'm still using this thread as my personal autograph 'journal'. Right now, I have:

Total = 16 / 18
- In person: Alex, Chloe, Emma, Mairead C, Megan, Muirgen, Tara
- Through the mail: Deirdre, Lisa K, Lisa L, Lynn, Mairead N, Meav, Orla, Susan
- Bought (thanks to GlenS): Eabha

I have letters sent out to Hannah & Hayley.

This month, we went to the Christmas Symphony Tour. We also went to Alex Sharpe w/ Jenny Oaks Baker.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2024, 11:43:37 AM by LakersCeltics » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Thank You / Hello from SoCal - Theme by GlenS