Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:23:02 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Toured 2023. Canceled
| | |-+  Toured 2023
| | | |-+  Tour Postponed?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tour Postponed?  (Read 4721 times)
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2022, 08:59:22 AM »

Personally, I am not a fan of virtual shows.  To me, it's no different that listening to a CD, etc. I typically refuse to do any kind of a virtual meeting, and for medical visits, forget it.  Yes, I'm old and grumpy.  Did I travel during the pandemic?  Yes.  I had a letter from my employer claiming I was essential.  Was I?  There's an argument to be made.

At this point, I tend to believe that there will NOT be a tour next year.  I don't think it's a matter of waiting to announce it.  From CW's standpoint, they need venues that are within a reasonable driving distance.  Putting together a tour is complicated.  You have to have venue availability.  Right now, at least where I live, the various venues have shows at least into June of 2023.  Yes, CW is only at a venue on night, but some shows are multiple nights. 
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2022, 11:22:37 AM »

Yeah it just doesn't make sense... and it doesn't make dollars either. 😏
And it’s just rude. I know where the ladies come from it’s not common to be rude but this is just rude.
Five (six soon) shows.
Songs from the Heart -- 4/26/2011.
Voices of Angels -- June 11, 2017 (plus meet & Greet).
Ancient Land -- May 18, 2019.
PFI — April 16, 2022 -- After two pushbacks due to COVID.
Symphony: December 9, 2023 — At last.
20th anniversary tour -- April 16, 2024.
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2022, 11:25:47 AM »

Personally, I am not a fan of virtual shows.  To me, it's no different that listening to a CD, etc. I typically refuse to do any kind of a virtual meeting, and for medical visits, forget it.  Yes, I'm old and grumpy.  Did I travel during the pandemic?  Yes.  I had a letter from my employer claiming I was essential.  Was I?  There's an argument to be made.

At this point, I tend to believe that there will NOT be a tour next year.  I don't think it's a matter of waiting to announce it.  From CW's standpoint, they need venues that are within a reasonable driving distance.  Putting together a tour is complicated.  You have to have venue availability.  Right now, at least where I live, the various venues have shows at least into June of 2023.  Yes, CW is only at a venue on night, but some shows are multiple nights.
If there really won’t be a tour next year they need to put an announcement out and say so.
They need to say “Due to ______, Celtic Woman will not be touring the USA in 2023. Etc etc etc etc”.
Although it was barely announced.
Unless they’re going to announce it later like they did before? Believe year 2 it started to get earlier.
Five (six soon) shows.
Songs from the Heart -- 4/26/2011.
Voices of Angels -- June 11, 2017 (plus meet & Greet).
Ancient Land -- May 18, 2019.
PFI — April 16, 2022 -- After two pushbacks due to COVID.
Symphony: December 9, 2023 — At last.
20th anniversary tour -- April 16, 2024.
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2022, 01:34:21 PM »

Ok People we get the point your all mad that they canceled the tour but there is nothing we can do about it and at a point in time they will tell us and maybe why but like Tracie posted "Another fan I know got an email for the show cancellation and that one also says that they are waiting to launch a 20th anniversary tour in 2024."  This  could be the reason and saying they need the money from the tour no one here know the status of CW and there funds. But I am going to lock this thread this has gone far enough so sorry and if I see this get carried on somewhere else in the forum I will remove them post as well. Ya all have a great holiday season and be safe and well

Glen
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Tour Postponed? - Theme by GlenS