Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:11:14 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Toured 2023. Canceled
| | |-+  Toured 2023
| | | |-+  Tour Postponed?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tour Postponed?  (Read 4414 times)
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2022, 01:39:15 PM »

I honestly don't understand this. It would be nice if the management and all would be more transparent with us and actually tell us what the heck is going on.
Yeah. Unless they are going to announce USA dates later than normal?
Five (six soon I hope) shows.
Songs from the Heart -- 4/26/2011.
Voices of Angels -- June 11, 2017 (plus meet & Greet).
Ancient Land -- May 18, 2019.
PFI — April 16, 2022 -- After two pushbacks due to COVID.
Symphony: December 9, 2023 — At last.
20th anniversary tour -- I hope so.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2022, 06:08:22 PM »

Another fan I know got an email for the show cancellation and that one also says that they are waiting to launch a 20th anniversary tour in 2024. I wonder why though? To build suspense for it? Unknown, but I would think they would be needing tour revenue after covid canceled two years.
celtic4life

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2022, 08:07:53 PM »

If it is true and the tour is postponed, that means the new member, Hannah, won't experience her first tour until 2024.

It doesn't sound like their normal operations to skip a year of touring. This will be a big announcement from CW when the do plan to announce what is being planned.
Jim M.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2022, 08:39:13 PM »

If it is true and the tour is postponed, that means the new member, Hannah, won't experience her first tour until 2024.

I imagine she will be on the Symphony Tour this year.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2022, 08:44:10 PM by Jim M. » Logged
celtic4life

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2022, 08:44:26 PM »

I would imagine she will be on the Symphony Tour this year.

True, but symphony tours are the short tours. Only last a couple of months. I forgot to add major tour.

I did visit their website and it seems there's some technical issues with their menu. The site seems to list academic options. 😄
« Last Edit: October 29, 2022, 08:46:04 PM by celtic4life » Logged
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2022, 09:38:57 PM »

Another fan I know got an email for the show cancellation and that one also says that they are waiting to launch a 20th anniversary tour in 2024. I wonder why though? To build suspense for it? Unknown, but I would think they would be needing tour revenue after covid canceled two years.
Yeah they’d need that revenue after having to cut the ‘20 tour  short and then missing ‘21 altogether.
The 20th anniversary from the taping of the first show is in September ‘24 and the anniversary of the first album/tour is the next year?
Could it be that they’ll record a show like Emerald and then tour it in ‘24 and then a XX tour after that?
Is it possible they want a long 20th anniversary tour because the 15th got cut as short as it did?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2022, 09:41:14 PM by CWFella2011 » Logged
ÊnioBR

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2022, 06:53:21 AM »

OMG is this really happening? Is this serious?

I wasn't particularly you but I've been a little resentful about the group's monetary capital lately... It's been two years off (2020 and 2021) and now you're going to do the same thing in 2023?

I'm going to tell you something that no one has the courage to say but I have: Smart was the one who didn't stop working in this pandemic! The music market around the world is extremely competitive, you failing to promote your work for two years is the same as shooting yourself in the foot. The way CW Ltd handled the quarantine wasn't the wisest... Could we have had a virtual concert? We did not have; They could have provided a recording of one of the group's recent concerts (redrocks on the Ancient Land tour for example), they didn't; virtual M&G, they didn't. Anyway, two years passed without doing ANYTHING relevant and it ended up that in general this impacted the public that fell by the wayside  :'( :'( :'(

And not!!! This is not the end of the CW, BUT it is undeniable that the group has been impacted by the pandemic and that it has lost some of its prestige, now they will have to race to recover it.

PFI is an album that I really like and that marked 2021 for me, but it's not an album made to win the hearts of new audiences, it's an album for fans (and even then the fan base was a little divided due to the lack of harmony, classic trademark of the group), not to mention that digital marketing was not one of the best, even I could do something better in this regard, songs without correct identification on Youtube, where is the VEVO certificate in the MVs? This all may seem silly but they are essential things for achieving success in the digital environment. "Tir Na Nog" is an example, millions and millions of views.
Result: PFI only CW album not to be on the Billboard charts.  :'( :'(

Postponing/Cancelling the 2023 tour is a terrible way to try to work things out. Anyway, let's give it time and see what happens. I just pray that the group returns to the prominence it had in the past and next year they release an album that does that. Destiny was responsible for desaturating The CW in 2015... in 2023 we need a Destiny 2!
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2022, 10:38:01 AM »

I went to my first CW concert in 2007.  Besides falling in love with the music, part of the reason I have been to a lot of shows (over 100 to date) was the opportunity to meet most of the girls multiple times.  Especially when they did the M&G after the shows. 

At some point in time, I was somewhat "over" CW.  I wasn't going to travel as much.  Then, I went to a show (Lakeland, FL) where they were doing some songs (TAR) where they were out in the audience.  I had a front row ticket.  Lisa Lambe came by and sat next to me for a minute or two as part of the intro!!!  My thoughts of only going to one or two shows evaporated.

As has been mentioned, yes, I think CW has made some errors in judgement.  Granted, the pandemic caused a lot of companies to make decisions, that in hindsight, were maybe wrong.  There is a federal report out now showing how badly the shutdowns affected students.  I generally refuse to do a Zoom meeting.  And yes, I generally have conditions that supposedly make me more vulnerable to COVID.  I went to one of Chloe's individual shows last year.  She had a "meet & greet".  But, she had to stay on the stage.  Our photo was both of us wearing masks and being 6' apart.  Sure the M&G was only $20, but I probably wouldn't do it again.

Is CW having problems with finding band members?  Are any of the other girl's contracts up?  Is someone very concerned with COVID?  I went to a Broadway show here in Tampa earlier this year (Frozen).  It was in your typical performing arts center.  According to the venue, the cast required everyone to wear masks.  Keep in mind Florida passed a law saying masks could not generally be required.  So if I'm in the balcony, a long way away from the stage, how is wearing a mask going to protect the cast? 

There are a lot of possible reasons for the tour being postponed.  My guess is if they do not get on top of this soon, they are in serious trouble.  Can they continue to fill large venues?  Red Rocks, Radio City, etc.  A lot of other "groups" are resuming touring.  Of course, the price has gone up.  I wanted to go see the show SIX.  Main floor tickets were $200 each plus about a 40% service charge.  I haven't made up my mind yet.  I'm not even sure I would spend that much on CW today.
ÊnioBR

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2022, 11:47:02 AM »

I fully agree.

And there are a lot of political issues involved in the environment that are not worth talking about here, but the point is: A lot of people stayed at home during the pandemic, and all this audience needed entertainment. The CW and many in the western music entertainment industry relaxed during the quarantine and did nothing, leaving millions of people helpless.

And the few artists who produced content in 2020 were the highlights, the K-POP industry was one of them, even though I don't like this type of music, but it was one of the ones that grew the most after the pandemic.

And now many here in the west are still thinking about postponing things because of coronavirus, well, I'm not saying that COVID is bullshit and you don't have to take care and bla bla, that's definitely not what I mean, but that the Many people's work depends on the music industry, if that industry stops, a whole mountain comes down with it. In addition to giving space to the competition.
Imagine, for example, if CW decided to cancel the entire SFTH project because of the swine flu pandemic in 2009?

It's complicated
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2022, 04:50:03 PM »

OMG is this really happening? Is this serious?

I wasn't particularly you but I've been a little resentful about the group's monetary capital lately... It's been two years off (2020 and 2021) and now you're going to do the same thing in 2023?

I'm going to tell you something that no one has the courage to say but I have: Smart was the one who didn't stop working in this pandemic! The music market around the world is extremely competitive, you failing to promote your work for two years is the same as shooting yourself in the foot. The way CW Ltd handled the quarantine wasn't the wisest... Could we have had a virtual concert? We did not have; They could have provided a recording of one of the group's recent concerts (redrocks on the Ancient Land tour for example), they didn't; virtual M&G, they didn't. Anyway, two years passed without doing ANYTHING relevant and it ended up that in general this impacted the public that fell by the wayside  :'( :'( :'(

And not!!! This is not the end of the CW, BUT it is undeniable that the group has been impacted by the pandemic and that it has lost some of its prestige, now they will have to race to recover it.

PFI is an album that I really like and that marked 2021 for me, but it's not an album made to win the hearts of new audiences, it's an album for fans (and even then the fan base was a little divided due to the lack of harmony, classic trademark of the group), not to mention that digital marketing was not one of the best, even I could do something better in this regard, songs without correct identification on Youtube, where is the VEVO certificate in the MVs? This all may seem silly but they are essential things for achieving success in the digital environment. "Tir Na Nog" is an example, millions and millions of views.
Result: PFI only CW album not to be on the Billboard charts.  :'( :'(

Postponing/Cancelling the 2023 tour is a terrible way to try to work things out. Anyway, let's give it time and see what happens. I just pray that the group returns to the prominence it had in the past and next year they release an album that does that. Destiny was responsible for desaturating The CW in 2015... in 2023 we need a Destiny 2!
Yeah. They seriously could’ve played anything they’d done before (Red rocks ‘19 or any time, the Korea Destiny concert at the end of the Destiny world tour - was it the last show!,  a complete version of the 3Arena concert that became Homecoming, Radio city with PS22 chorus, the point from February 2006) and all they did was live sessions with the girls individually 
« Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 12:14:50 AM by CWFella2011 » Logged
CelticSweater
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2022, 09:57:49 PM »

I'm really angry too, but absolutely not at the girls or any of the musicians. I'm angry at the management or whoever's in charge of tour-scheduling and booking, whoever is making these choices. I get why they didn't tour in 2020 and 2021. They couldn't. They legally could not have big concerts in theaters and big venues with a whole bunch of people. However, I don't understand why they decided to cancel the 2023 tour. COVID, while still on-going, is not too big an issue anymore, because we can have concerts and large gatherings again. There are only a few little rules here and there. Some places still ask you to wear masks and still ask for proof of vaccination. But concerts are fully back to normal again to the point where you don't have to wear masks at the shows or meet and greets anymore. So what the hell is going on? BUt I absolutely place NO blame whatsoever on the girls and the musicians, as I don't think they even have a say in the matter, which is honestly sad in my opinion. But I'm angry at whoever is in charge of setting up the tours and, apparently, cancelling them at the drop of a hat. I'm also angry at those people for not being upfront with us about what exactly is going on, stringing us along the way they did, and remaining silent while this is happening, and while all the fans are panicking and wondering what's going on. Whoever these people are, they are not doing their jobs very well at all. They need to either get it together or get lost and let someone else come in who knows what they're doing.

Sorry, I'm just so mad, because I'm sick of being robbed year after year since 2019 of seeing these wonderful ladies in concert, meeting them face to face, and enjoying the beautiful music they create in person. It almost feels like I'm being kept away from a best friend I haven't seen in so long, and it honestly feels like a punch to the gut.

Sorry if I sounded super dramatic and whiny and possibly like an entitled brat. I definitely don't intend to come off that way, but I have often been guilty of that.
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2022, 11:20:39 PM »

I'm really angry too, but absolutely not at the girls or any of the musicians. I'm angry at the management or whoever's in charge of tour-scheduling and booking, whoever is making these choices. I get why they didn't tour in 2020 and 2021. They couldn't. They legally could not have big concerts in theaters and big venues with a whole bunch of people. However, I don't understand why they decided to cancel the 2023 tour. COVID, while still on-going, is not too big an issue anymore, because we can have concerts and large gatherings again. There are only a few little rules here and there. Some places still ask you to wear masks and still ask for proof of vaccination. But concerts are fully back to normal again to the point where you don't have to wear masks at the shows or meet and greets anymore. So what the hell is going on? BUt I absolutely place NO blame whatsoever on the girls and the musicians, as I don't think they even have a say in the matter, which is honestly sad in my opinion. But I'm angry at whoever is in charge of setting up the tours and, apparently, cancelling them at the drop of a hat. I'm also angry at those people for not being upfront with us about what exactly is going on, stringing us along the way they did, and remaining silent while this is happening, and while all the fans are panicking and wondering what's going on. Whoever these people are, they are not doing their jobs very well at all. They need to either get it together or get lost and let someone else come in who knows what they're doing.

Sorry, I'm just so mad, because I'm sick of being robbed year after year since 2019 of seeing these wonderful ladies in concert, meeting them face to face, and enjoying the beautiful music they create in person. It almost feels like I'm being kept away from a best friend I haven't seen in so long, and it honestly feels like a punch to the gut.

Sorry if I sounded super dramatic and whiny and possibly like an entitled brat. I definitely don't intend to come off that way, but I have often been guilty of that.
Are you somewhere they had to cancel this year or were you unable to go this year????
You’re not being bratty at all.
Management did a really bad job when covid hit. They didn’t play any recorded shows at all as I hoped they would. Literally all it was was Q&A sessions with each of them one at a time + the O Holy Night video.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2022, 11:23:02 PM by CWFella2011 » Logged
CelticSweater
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2022, 08:58:22 PM »

Are you somewhere they had to cancel this year or were you unable to go this year????
Management did a really bad job when covid hit. They didn’t play any recorded shows at all as I hoped they would. Literally all it was was Q&A sessions with each of them one at a time + the O Holy Night video.

They haven't been to my area since 2018, and one of the venues that were selling tickets were in my area.

Also I agree with that. Or they could've set up virtual concerts for the girls to do in empty theaters to stream on YouTube or Stage-It. That would've been amazing honestly, because it would be a show that anyone could attend, rather than just cancelling the tour altogether and having the girls doing next to nothing other than a few Q&As and a Christmas music video. Honestly a virtual Celtic Woman concert would've really helped me personally through that hard time and would've helped so many others as well. And I'm sure it would've been great for the girls too!

IF this tour is REALLY cancelled for a GOOD reason, they really need to set up virtual shows for the girls to do. Don't leave them and all of us high and dry like this.
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2022, 09:19:45 PM »

They haven't been to my area since 2018, and one of the venues that were selling tickets were in my area.

Also I agree with that. Or they could've set up virtual concerts for the girls to do in empty theaters to stream on YouTube or Stage-It. That would've been amazing honestly, because it would be a show that anyone could attend, rather than just cancelling the tour altogether and having the girls doing next to nothing other than a few Q&As and a Christmas music video. Honestly a virtual Celtic Woman concert would've really helped me personally through that hard time and would've helped so many others as well. And I'm sure it would've been great for the girls too!

IF this tour is REALLY cancelled for a GOOD reason, they really need to set up virtual shows for the girls to do. Don't leave them and all of us high and dry like this.
Yeah whatever's going on with announcing the tour would be best being confirmed ASAP. What could cause them to not go on the annual spring tour following three years where 1. They had to end abruptly and suddenly ('20), 2. They couldn't tour at all ('21) 3. They resumed touring as normal (this year)?
CelticSweater
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2022, 02:46:21 AM »

Yeah it just doesn't make sense... and it doesn't make dollars either. 😏
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Tour Postponed? - Theme by GlenS