Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:38:34 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Cast
| |-+  Hannah Traynor
| | |-+  New member.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New member.  (Read 2748 times)
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2023, 12:15:52 PM »

Did anyone hope the new member would be an alto like Eabha. Now that Hannah is on board wonder if she'll have Chloes spot or will they make changes which I doubt.

I believe that the current lineup will remain for a long time. But we have to wait and see. I think Hannah will take a good part of Chloë's place, but I believe she will also do some of Mairead's parts, and this already started on last year's Christmas tour during Feliz Navidad, when Hannah did Mairead's part, and Muigen did Eabha's. But everything else was as expected: Hannah in Chloe/Eabha's place, Muirgen in Mairead's place, and Megan in Susan's place. I think I've mentioned this before, but this lineup reminds me a lot of the Home for Christmas DVD: Three sopranos are doing different lines. Meav first (highest), Susan second and Lisa L third ("lowest").

Also the 2013 lineup that was Lisa L, Mairead C and Susan!
I can acknowledge that back then there was a certain reason why it ended up that way for Susan replaced Lisa K and Mairead C replaced Chloe. On Emerald Susan did exact Lisa K placement. On HFC it moved Susan taking Chloe spot, Meav being the top soprano Lisa L spot (well Meav was Meav) and Lisa L went the Lisa K spot.

So everything had movement reason however now who would thought we'd see a return of this 3 soprano lineup. I always assumed Megan would take the lowest now and Muirgen would stay middle and Hannah the highest like Mairead C. Perhaps they couldn't find an alto or preferred now someone like Chloe or missing was the Mairead C high upper. Really interesting...
ÊnioBR

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2023, 06:19:22 PM »

Yes! I see it the same way. Megan (Lisa L/Lisa K); Muirgen (Susan/Chloe); Hannah (Meav) The songs that already exist will be what we're used to, of course, I don't think they'll make a change to what's already been done, but this new distribution is the most likely one for future albums, and I'm very excited to see it.
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2023, 07:12:06 PM »

Did anyone hope the new member would be an alto like Eabha.

Yes, I'm glad you mentioned it. Nothing "wrong" with all sopranos, of course. And it could be personal preference.

But I was hoping for an alto / contralto. When Eabha was in the group (or even Chloe "version 2.0" I like to say), it made the sopranos stand out that much more and vice versa. I loved Eabha & Mairead C together.

Well, I can't wait to hear more from Hannah!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, New member. - Theme by GlenS