Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:24:45 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Cast
| |-+  Celtic Woman
| | |-+  New Christmas Special??
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Christmas Special??  (Read 3983 times)
Granuaile

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2022, 08:02:57 PM »

Let's not forget that Tara and Muirgen were recording something for PBS days ago...
CelticSweater
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2022, 09:23:02 PM »

This is really making the soft fluffy Irish sweater tickle!
GG

Ae fond kiss, and then we sever...

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2022, 01:02:12 PM »

POTENTIAL SPOILERS
CelticSweater
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2022, 02:38:37 PM »

OH WOW! This is gonna be SO COOL! I honestly like this new format even better than the live concerts. It's so creative and so beautiful. I love seeing different parts of Ireland in the form of music and stunning videos. Not that I don't like the concerts, because I LOVE them. However, I hope they will keep doing this every now and then.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2022, 03:39:53 PM »

What's everyone's interpretation of this? It looks to me like a re-airing of Postcards from Ireland rather than a Christmas special, but I'm beyond confused at this point.
Granuaile

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2022, 03:56:47 PM »

I think it can be the PFI special with some extra tracks to include some christmas songs and endorse the 2023 tour; in addition, introduce the new member with a solo.

But it also could be anything at this point, Celtic Woman remains silent until the very last minute with everything these days. Some transparency wouldn't hurt.
Granuaile

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2022, 04:04:15 PM »

Just another hypothesis that came to my mind is that it could be only a placeholder to a new special. MPT put Celtic Woman The Best Of around the same date, I think they will change that in the next weeks as an official announcement is dropped.

I think it's unlikely, though; The first post of this topic has the mention "Postcards From Ireland" on it...
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2022, 09:16:16 PM »

Found another post on Instagram, this time from a PBS host. Seems like we're getting a new concert indeed...
So taped with or without Hannah?
Five (six soon) shows.
Songs from the Heart -- 4/26/2011.
Voices of Angels -- June 11, 2017 (plus meet & Greet).
Ancient Land -- May 18, 2019.
PFI — April 16, 2022 -- After two pushbacks due to COVID.
Symphony: December 9, 2023 — At last.
20th anniversary tour -- April 16, 2024.
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2022, 09:19:31 PM »

Just another hypothesis that came to my mind is that it could be only a placeholder to a new special. MPT put Celtic Woman The Best Of around the same date, I think they will change that in the next weeks as an official announcement is dropped.

I think it's unlikely, though; The first post of this topic has the mention "Postcards From Ireland" on it...
So a best of similar to 2015?
Five (six soon) shows.
Granuaile

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2022, 09:30:23 PM »

Celtic Woman The Best Of was a similar special of the 2015 one - Fan Favorites -, it aired on 2020; (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvO_bPtdO3k)

I still think it is a placeholder to this 'new special', at least I hope so.
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2022, 09:34:43 PM »

I wonder if we’re headed for a repeat of the Destiny/VoA/Homecoming era.
When I say that it’s because
August ‘15: Destiny recorded.
November ‘15: Destiny began airing.
January ‘16: Destiny CD/dvd/Blu-ray released.
February ‘16: Destiny world tour began.
August ‘16: Voices of angels recorded.
October ‘16: Destiny world tour finished — Destiny fulfilled.
November ‘16: Voices of Angels released.
Holidays ‘16: Destiny reairing — a Wednesday night airing here had a live pledge event where you could call and get M&G tickets/the CD of Destiny (I ended up getting VoA at target).
March ‘17: VoA tour
September ‘17: Homecoming recorded. 
Holidays ‘17: Homecoming aired (I caught a 9p airing four days after thanksgiving).
February ‘18: End of VoA tour.
So I wonder if…..
Postcards from Ireland filmed released and aired — check. I DVrd a Friday night airing and watched it. 
Postcards from Ireland tour is over as of the Ireland shows.
New album with new arrangements of old songs (especially the original show, A New Journey, Believe and Destiny)/a few new ones). One that is a lot similar to VoA — new member (Tara) introduced on VoA and there’s a new member now. Only an album and no DVD/special.
Postcards from Ireland reairing a La the holiday ‘16 reairing of Destiny??
New tour.
Show recorded later (something similar to either Emerald/Homecoming) and then released as live disc (like Homecoming) + aired on PBS.
Five (six soon) shows.
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2022, 09:38:01 PM »

Celtic Woman The Best Of was a similar special of the 2015 one - Fan Favorites -, it aired on 2020; (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvO_bPtdO3k)

I still think it is a placeholder to this 'new special', at least I hope so.
I wasn’t able to catch the ‘20 one. When Fan favorites aired I was still using a VCR for recording and there was a time zone issue so I only got a tiny little bit at the end. I got maybe the last song or two and then the finale and that was it. 
Five (six soon) shows.
GG

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2022, 05:51:06 PM »

GUYS!
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2022, 07:27:30 PM »

GUYS!
I wonder what kind of songs will be on it?
If it’s a Christmas special I bet a high number of songs from The Magic of Christmas would be on it? Crazy only two of the members now were in the group to record that album. I’d bet probably many of those songs + a few new ones — I know Home for Christmas had a few new ones.
Five (six soon) shows.
GG

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2022, 02:22:48 AM »

GUYS!
I wonder what kind of songs will be on it?
If it’s a Christmas special I bet a high number of songs from The Magic of Christmas would be on it? Crazy only two of the members now were in the group to record that album. I’d bet probably many of those songs + a few new ones — I know Home for Christmas had a few new ones.
I could see a number of songs from TMoC being on it, BUT I'd also like one or two of the Christmas tracks from VoA to appear as well.

Either way, we'll just have to wait and see...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, New Christmas Special?? - Theme by GlenS