Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:01:43 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Toured 2023. Canceled
| | |-+  Toured 2023
| | | |-+  MN fans.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MN fans.  (Read 1543 times)
CWFella2011

View Profile
« on: September 05, 2022, 02:15:59 PM »

Those of you who attend in Minnesota where do you hope they come to next year.
Looking at the past.
Fall 2005: Orpheum Theatre Minneapolis
Spring 2006: Orpheum Theatre Minneapolis
Spring 2007: Orpheum Theatre Minneapolis
Fall 2007: Xcel Energy Center St. Paul
Spring 2008: Mayo Civic Center Rochester and Duluth DECC
Spring 2009: Xcel Energy Center
Spring 2010: Xcel Energy Center
Spring 2011: Rochester and State Theater Minneapolis
Spring 2012: Xcel Energy Center
Spring 2013: Orpheum Theatre
Spring 2014: Xcel Energy Center and Duluth
Spring 2016: bemidji  and mystic lake
Spring 2017: Rochester and Orpheum Theater
Spring 2019: State Theatre
Spring 2022: State again.
Any guesses or hopes?
Two in a row being at the same venue I feel like maybe Mankato and Northrop Auditorium or Mankato and back to Xcel energy center?
Five (six soon I hope) shows.
Songs from the Heart -- 4/26/2011.
Voices of Angels -- June 11, 2017 (plus meet & Greet).
Ancient Land -- May 18, 2019.
PFI — April 16, 2022 -- After two pushbacks due to COVID.
Symphony: December 9, 2023 — At last.
20th anniversary tour -- I hope so.
VegasDavid

🌴

View Profile My home page
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2022, 11:33:49 AM »

For what it's worth, I was there at the State Theatre in 2019 and it was good, so I would prefer that venue.  If I recall correctly, the stage was really small so when we were in the front row we got a really good view.  I'm just a visitor to Minnesota though, so I don't know how good the other venues are.  Maybe I'll see you there!

By the way, MN often stands for Máiréad Nesbitt around here.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2022, 06:43:03 PM »

I live in the suburbs of Minneapolis and have been to shows at the Orpheum, State, Mystic and Rochester in Minneosta. I doubt they would return to Xcel Energy Center due to how large it is and honestly I wouldn't want them to. I very much prefer the small theatres over the large arenas since the theatres have amazing acoustics.

Orpheum and State are both gorgeous theatres, so either of those would be great. One thing about State is that the stage is really high so we're craning our necks from front row, but it's not too terrible. I can't remember how high the stage is at Orpheum. Both of those have good stage doors for talking to the ladies after the show.

I'd love to see them in Duluth since it's a beautiful city that I love to visit. Really anywhere they would go in Minnesota I could and would get to fairly easily.
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2022, 11:09:57 AM »

I live in the suburbs of Minneapolis and have been to shows at the Orpheum, State, Mystic and Rochester in Minneosta. I doubt they would return to Xcel Energy Center due to how large it is and honestly I wouldn't want them to. I very much prefer the small theatres over the large arenas since the theatres have amazing acoustics.

Orpheum and State are both gorgeous theatres, so either of those would be great. One thing about State is that the stage is really high so we're craning our necks from front row, but it's not too terrible. I can't remember how high the stage is at Orpheum. Both of those have good stage doors for talking to the ladies after the show.

I'd love to see them in Duluth since it's a beautiful city that I love to visit. Really anywhere they would go in Minnesota I could and would get to fairly easily.
I don’t think they’ve done larger arenas since the emerald tour have they?
Five (six soon I hope) shows.
Songs from the Heart -- 4/26/2011.
Voices of Angels -- June 11, 2017 (plus meet & Greet).
Ancient Land -- May 18, 2019.
PFI — April 16, 2022 -- After two pushbacks due to COVID.
Symphony: December 9, 2023 — At last.
20th anniversary tour -- I hope so.
GG

Ae fond kiss, and then we sever...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2022, 04:10:26 PM »

I don’t think they’ve done larger arenas since the emerald tour have they?
Not true, not true. They did do two Decade shows at the 3Arena in Dublin (where they also filmed Homecoming) and the SSE Arena in Belfast and have been to Mohegan Sun Arena plenty of times.
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2022, 05:15:38 PM »

I've seen some arena shows.  SFtH: Lakeland, FL.  Front row floor, but the stage was maybe 6' high,  Next night in Orlando.  Sat in the cheap seats.  Youngstown, Ohio.  Don't remember seats, but did not like the venue.  Believe:  Manchester, NH. 

In most cases, an arena show is not as "good".  The only exception is Red Rocks.

It seems like CW has been having trouble filling a theatre/PAC for the last couple years.  I would tend to think we won't see any more big venues.

Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2022, 07:43:47 AM »

Red Rocks is phenomenal, but other than that I absolutely want to be in theatres. The arena that is being asked about in MN has something like 20,000 seats and it's a hockey arena. No chance they would perform there again and I really don't want them to. The acoustics in places like that are terrible.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, MN fans. - Theme by GlenS