Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:26:41 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Toured 2023. Canceled
| | |-+  New album?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New album?  (Read 5270 times)
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2023, 12:32:54 PM »

I know - right?
Well when I read "special shows", I think of something like CWazyTom in Reply #25. Like some former members coming back for a one time show in Dublin. But not for a big tour. Who knows? It's fun to speculate though.
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2023, 06:06:16 PM »

I've always envisioned a Voices of Angels Part II.
The closest we had to that was the bonus songs from Ancient Land and Postcards from Ireland songs like May It Be from celebration tour.

Anything would be a surprise now with this new director a new direction or else if we see something similar to the past would that be a surprise of itself!

I got caught up in the rumors of an anniversary tour in 2024. Then I wondered if they release the anniversary album before or after the tour. But then I checked (and as I'm sure you all know) ... Decade was released in 2015, and Celebration was released in 2020. So that 20th anniversary album ain't coming any time soon ... say 2025.

So I would think there's plenty of time to release a new album with new material with Hannah this year. Especially because they're not touring.
Yeah they celebrate the anniversary from the RELEASE of the original show/album/start of original tour.
I wonder if we'll get
*New album similar to Voices of Angels where it's only a CD and has a lot of new takes on old songs (Original show/ANJ/SFTH/Believe especially)
*Tour in '24.
*Show on tour in '24 is recorded (similar to Emerald being recorded in April '13) and then runs on PBS in November '24 with a 20th anniversary compilation to follow 20 years from the airing of the original show as well as the live show being released as a CD/DVD (like Homecoming -- CD would be live like Homecoming and not studio like Emerald).
*'25 tour is XX or CW20 or whatever they might call it.
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2023, 12:27:25 AM »

I've always envisioned a Voices of Angels Part II.
The closest we had to that was the bonus songs from Ancient Land and Postcards from Ireland songs like May It Be from celebration tour.

Anything would be a surprise now with this new director a new direction or else if we see something similar to the past would that be a surprise of itself!

I got caught up in the rumors of an anniversary tour in 2024. Then I wondered if they release the anniversary album before or after the tour. But then I checked (and as I'm sure you all know) ... Decade was released in 2015, and Celebration was released in 2020. So that 20th anniversary album ain't coming any time soon ... say 2025.

So I would think there's plenty of time to release a new album with new material with Hannah this year. Especially because they're not touring.
Yeah they celebrate the anniversary from the RELEASE of the original show/album/start of original tour.
I wonder if we'll get
*New album similar to Voices of Angels where it's only a CD and has a lot of new takes on old songs (Original show/ANJ/SFTH/Believe especially)
*Tour in '24.
*Show on tour in '24 is recorded (similar to Emerald being recorded in April '13) and then runs on PBS in November '24 with a 20th anniversary compilation to follow 20 years from the airing of the original show as well as the live show being released as a CD/DVD (like Homecoming -- CD would be live like Homecoming and not studio like Emerald).
*'25 tour is XX or CW20 or whatever they might call it.
Yeah. I’d buy a second VoA type album - 50/50 old and new.
Five (six soon I hope) shows.
Songs from the Heart -- 4/26/2011.
Voices of Angels -- June 11, 2017 (plus meet & Greet).
Ancient Land -- May 18, 2019.
PFI — April 16, 2022 -- After two pushbacks due to COVID.
Symphony: December 9, 2023 — At last.
20th anniversary tour -- I hope so.
ÊnioBR

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2023, 07:34:23 AM »

I even like the idea of a VoA 2, but they need to be very confident to make better arrangements than David and Gavin. Personally, I don't think they're going to rearrange Gavin's songs, there's no need. But I think it's the perfect chance to bring classics that Gavin didn't bring during his CW time, I'm talking about Caledonia, Nella Fantasia (album release), Mo Ghile Mear (classic version), Isle Of Innisfree, Scarborough Fair, The Prayer , Last Rose Of Summer, Spanish Lady, Níl Se'n Lá (a version they promote, because Gavin's version was super erased from the media), and many others... Oh, of course, have a great PBS special to promote!! The original VoA was supposed to be recorded in a castle rather than an arena a year after the album's release, and was even released under a different name. Anyway, now let's wait and see...

I would rather they made a deal with David to use some of his songs, because, let's face it, they are masterful. I know The CW has performed some of David's songs on Christmas tours, like We Three Kings, Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas, Ding Dong Merrily On High, White Christmas, The Christmas Song, and It Came Upon A Midnight Clear. Who knows, maybe they'll get permission to use the traditional songs on tour too...
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2023, 12:48:31 PM »

Which should come first?  The new album or the Tour?
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2023, 01:32:27 PM »

https://youtu.be/DftQxwof0SM

I always wondered if this behind the scenes on the photoshoot for the album with this outdoor setting castle and dresses were done knowing they wouldn't be able to do a DVD...

Had they done a DVD and it still called Voice's of Angels in my opinion would been top deck even upper than Ancient Land. You could called it Celtic Woman in Orchestra maybe if VOA was too highlighting this group were the Voices of Angels.. It be livid if Meav made a guest cameo and ruled her new Dulaman version and then came with the girls on their much different Grandiose O America...!🙊

Well Susan would of had her outdoor castle mark but let's say it's all made up now thanks to Postcards from Ireland and the amazing Suzess Christmas Cards from Ireland!" :P

About Nil Sen LA 2016 version the choreography on tour was EPIC!!!
It's a clear miss for Homecoming DVD!

The original VoA was supposed to be recorded in a castle rather than an arena a year after the album's release, and was even released under a different name.

Yippee Yip! I'd buy 1 in a heartbeat!

Yeah. I’d buy a second VoA type album - 50/50 old and new.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2023, 03:26:42 PM by rfcw » Logged
ÊnioBR

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2023, 07:49:37 PM »

Yes, I agree with you. If VOA were recorded at Luttrellstown Castle like in the BTS photoshoot video, it would be much better and bring more visibility to everyone. Too bad they didn't, after all, it's an excellent album, and I hope the next album is a production in front of a castle too, because that's enchanting, it's beautiful, it's passionate, and that's what made the CW a success back in 2006 with ANJ. I hope the producers make the right decision for the next album (unless it's a Christmas special, then yes, it can be indoors, because recording in front of a castle in the middle of winter must be a bit complicated🤣).
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2023, 09:12:07 AM »

Which should come first?  The new album or the Tour?

Does it even matter.. There is something quite ecstatic of a tour being first and not knowing anything for new songs and having it's power thrown at you to your hearts for the 1st time! Isle of Hope did just that! Then you have Voices of Angels Tour which is exciting of itself but that's a whole different subject being it's the first tour completely everything rearranged 😀!! When VOA CD came out I held on to it without a single ounce of knowing it! I even disliked many of the rearrangements for couple weeks because it was so new and that I couldn't just sing along just yet! ;D Oh the chills of seeing Eabha and Susan and Mairead taking Mo Ghile Mear in full choreography power in 2017 Live at the beginning of the VOA Tour for the very first time!!😵 I'll never forget that a really new Era that truly was for Celtic Woman!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2023, 09:20:56 AM by rfcw » Logged
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2023, 09:39:37 AM »

The current 2 done are strong. May it Be and Black is the Color which I didn't like least that I like. Infact I don't think you can call both rearrangements for the only principal thing on both except the recorded one being a Susan solo is them being a capella driven and both songs original were solos now are in group.

Gavin's rearrangements were evolved to modern time! They're energy is so energetic and yet so beautiful and charming at the same time!
As much as I be curious to see if Gavin could of continued that thread to other legacified celtic woman songs maybe it was the right amount what was done.

Perhaps the best for Toole be continuing taking solos and turning them into group versions like proven both did.. In 2014 Si Do Maheimo I a Meav solo was turned to such a phenomenal duet dance choreography piece never recorded. It's already been done with Emerald with She Moved Thru The Fair!🤪

I'd never thought I'd see the day where I say this..but I love having new songs!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2023, 09:49:24 AM by rfcw » Logged
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2023, 01:23:59 PM »

Now I'm looking forward to a VOA type album. I might be disappointed if it's not!

I was catching up on all the posts in this thread. Johnjumps1903 posted this on September 14, 2022.
So darragh posted today that he was at windmill lane recording studios which is in Dublin. Tara also posted of the three girls who must be staying at her home which is also in Dublin……. Could they be recording their new album this week?

So I would assume that was for Christmas Cards EP???
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, New album? - Theme by GlenS