Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:26:49 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Cast
| |-+  Celtic Woman
| | |-+  Special Celtic Woman Moments
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Special Celtic Woman Moments  (Read 1131 times)
CelticSweater
« on: August 14, 2022, 03:51:45 AM »

I thought it would be cool to create a thread where we can all share stories of special moments we've experienced with the girls. Whether it's a Meet & Greet moment, a moment at a concert that you were a part of or witness, an online moment, something involving ONE of the girls solo, more than one, them as a group, ANYTHING, share it, and if you have more than one story, share them all if you wish. Write as much as you want. Pour it out!
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2022, 04:54:25 PM »

You asked...

Back in 2010, an early show of the tour was in Lakeland, FL.  I had kinda thought I wasn't going to go to as many shows that year.  I went to 13 the year before, and thought maybe people would think I was nuts.  Anyway, had a front row seat.  This was when 2 of the girls started out in the audience.  Lisa L was on my side of the theatre.  She recognized me, since I had done a number of M&Gs.  She came down and sat on my lap!  I immediately decided to go to more shows!

Back in 2009, I was at a show in Akron, Ohio.  It was held at the University of Akron's PAC.  I went to college there and was in the band, so I had performed on the stage at the PAC.  At the M&G, I told Lisa K that I could now tell people that I had performed on the same stage as CW!  She said, no it's the other way around!  Anyway, the next year I was in Albuquerque, NM.  At the M&G, Lisa remembered that story from about a year ago.

In 2019, Chloe was touring on her own.  I went to a show in Lakeland, GA.  Small venue; maybe 150 people.  The M&G was held off site at an old house that had been turned into a small event center.  Chloe was staying there.  They had "heavy hors'dorves" and a bar.  Chloe (and Dermott) spent a fair amount of time with everyone.  I got some great pictures!

I've been to 6 shows at Radio City.  In 2009, I went to 2 shows there; both with my daughter, who was 16 at the time.  We had gone to the Statute of Liberty and Ellis Island prior to the first show.  What hit my daughter was when they did Isle of Hope, about 15 year old Annie Moore.  She thought about how she would have felt being on such a long trip by herself when she was that age (which was only a year ago)!

Finally, in 2012 in Tampa, FL (my home), the M&G was held in the second floor lobby of the PAC.  I think most of the people had never done a M&G before, so I kinda hung back.  Chloe and Mairead.  When I got to the table, Chloe got up, came around front and hugged me.  The PBS rep about had a heart attack, especially when Mairead did the same thing!  The rep said "have you met them before?"

If you count the individual shows (Lisa L, Chloe, Mairead), I've been to 106 shows since 2007.

Jim M.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2023, 07:05:02 PM »

Our local radio station runs a program on Saturdays called "Seems Like Old Times" with Craig Orndorff.  He has a new theme each week (usually).  Today it was songs about summer and I was surprised when he played CW's "Last Rose of Summer" from the ANJ album.

www.oldtimesradio.com
Jim M.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2024, 04:20:41 PM »

Today, with a Saint Patrick's Day theme, he played CW singing "Danny Boy". ;)
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2024, 10:05:41 AM »

A couple years ago (2020), I took a business contact and his daughter (high school) to see a CW show with M&G.  I was going to try to get their photo signed later in the tour since I had another couple M&G's.  Of course, COVID.

Anyway, when they came back to the area this year, I asked if he and his daughter wanted to go againt.  ABSOLUTELY!.  I was going to bring my daughter, but that didn't work out so I had an extra ticket.  My contact brought his wife, who I had met before.  She was totally blown away with the show!  At the end, she had tears running down her face!  It turned out her great-grandmother was Irish.  We had a blast.  OK, the fact that the bar had Jameson didn't hurt!
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2024, 08:55:18 PM »

Since St. Patrick's Day just passed, I thought I'd mention that the first time I saw Celtic Woman live was on St. Patrick's Day. I was really, really messed up with depression then. At first, I didn't want to get a seat near the front, but my parents got me one in the pit. I was excited out of my mind being that close to those incredible performers. Máiréad Nesbitt looked at me and waved and smiled at me from about 8 feet away. Yes, the only remaining original member in the group at the time waved at me. I couldn't believe it! I'm not sure she knew who I was. I had done a little bit of posting about the show in advance but I don't think I posted anything publicly on Facebook, I didn't have an Instagram account, and only had a Twitter account because I needed one to troubleshooting something at work.

I had a few little interactions over the next few weeks with some of the girls over social media. I certainly didn't matter to myself in those days, but it was in those moments I felt like, for the first time in a long time, I mattered to someone else ... like I mattered to some of the people who meant the most to me. I don't want to ever forget that feeling. Every St. Patrick's Day since then, I've been grateful for that sense of purpose.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Special Celtic Woman Moments - Theme by GlenS