Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:59:15 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Isle of Hope
| | |-+  Would you have liked a PBS special/DVD recording of this tour?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Would you have liked a PBS special/DVD recording of this tour?  (Read 2521 times)
GG

Ae fond kiss, and then we sever...

View Profile
« on: December 20, 2021, 03:41:54 PM »

The Isle of Hope tour is one that certainly missed the opportunity to get a PBS special and DVD recording. Had it not been for Songs from the Heart, I can only imagine how they would have filmed the tour, and probably made a CD to go with it.

Who agrees (or disagrees)?
ÊnioBR

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2023, 12:37:22 PM »

I completely agree, it's a shame because they recorded a show from this tour that could very well be released as a DVD, but unfortunately they didn't.
I hope one day the file leaks on the internet so we can see 😂😂😂😂😂
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2023, 10:01:59 PM »

I completely agree, it's a shame because they recorded a show from this tour that could very well be released as a DVD, but unfortunately they didn't.
Video from the October '05 & May '08 shows at the Greek in LA is online. Any idea who the filmer is??
Five (six soon I hope) shows.
Songs from the Heart -- 4/26/2011.
Voices of Angels -- June 11, 2017 (plus meet & Greet).
Ancient Land -- May 18, 2019.
PFI — April 16, 2022 -- After two pushbacks due to COVID.
Symphony: December 9, 2023 — At last.
20th anniversary tour -- I hope so.
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2023, 08:45:04 AM »

Video from the October '05 & May '08 shows at the Greek in LA is online. Any idea who the filmer is??
[/quote]

This guy made all us CW devoted fans dreams come true! Not only we got Alex and Lynn but another one with Deidre later unexpected. With this we got a chance to see CW effect on changing members and underrated best performances from these 3! I'd assume the location records everything and I'd guess every show was recorded teehee if not🤭🤭🤭
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2023, 12:50:56 PM »

This guy made all us CW devoted fans dreams come true! Not only we got Alex and Lynn but another one with Deidre later unexpected. With this we got a chance to see CW effect on changing members and underrated best performances from these 3! I'd assume the location records everything and I'd guess every show was recorded teehee if not🤭🤭🤭
[/quote]
I’ve seen quite a few Greek theatre shows online in good quality. Yeah besides CW I’ve seen James Taylor, Michael Buble, plant and Krauss to name a few.
ÊnioBR

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2023, 05:29:17 PM »

I'm waiting for them to post the Isle of Hope concert on the internet, so far, we only have A New Journey on Youtube and The Show on another platform. According to my studies, there are still two recordings left: 2007's A New Journey (with Hayley) and 2009's Isle of Hope Note: On YouTube, they posted the 2008 show as 2009 in the title, but it was a mistake. That show was actually the last of the second A New Journey Tour in America
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2023, 12:04:54 PM »

I read somewhere saying they only performed at that venue theater location up until Isle of Hope. Whether they returned there for X Tour I have no idea...if they did I'd be all in for whichever lineup was at the time...
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2023, 01:13:08 PM »

How do we know about the show being recorded?
Maybe for the 20th anniversary they could release it on YouTube as a nice change from putting up videos we've already seen before.
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2023, 01:52:03 PM »

To me is like all these trailers aren't just filmed like that, Like pieces taken from a longer recording, unless they know exactly which time frame from song climax moments to record out of..

Isle of Hope Tour Trailer
https://youtu.be/dR35s-Ynlmo?feature=shared

O America from Tour
https://youtu.be/obHz4bYrHPg?feature=shared

Postcards from Ireland Tour Trailer
https://youtu.be/5Oz8_RMtHxg?feature=shared

I don't think I ever seen one done for the Song's from the Heart Tour
Emerald Tour with Mairead C is another prominent display one.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2023, 02:03:53 PM by rfcw » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Would you have liked a PBS special/DVD recording of this tour? - Theme by GlenS