Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:36:54 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Postcards from Ireland
| | |-+  The other songs
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The other songs  (Read 3182 times)
ShiningBright

'Sé mo laoch mo ghile mear 'Sé mo Shéasar, gile me

View Profile My blog
« on: September 10, 2021, 12:21:00 PM »

Postcards from Ireland is, with only thirteen tracks, an unusually short album by CW standards. Only Home for Christmas was shorter. It is certainly a respectable lenght for an album, and actually refreshing to see an album without random bonus tracks from older albums, etc., but it's nonetheless too short for a DVD concert, let alone a tour.

So I do wonder, what other songs will there be on the DVD? I assume some (likely re-arranged, to fit in with the new style) fan favourites, so I do wonder which ones, perhaps some different than the usual songs? And also, do you think there will be other new songs, that might appear on tour and perhaps on a special or deluxe edition of the album. Perhaps some originals? O'Toole is, as I gather it, a film composer, and I don't think he'd like to limit his work with CW to arranging and orchestrating.

So—do you have any hopes or ideas?
GG

Ae fond kiss, and then we sever...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2021, 12:30:58 PM »

One song I've wanted to hear Celtic Woman cover is May the Road Rise to Meet You. The lyrics of the song make it work well as a finale, so they could get the pipes and drums out and probably give it a kind of gentle and lively arrangement, similar to what they did with Westering Home.
ÊnioBR

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2021, 01:06:57 PM »

A guy from the production said there were 16 clips shot across Ireland, so we can expect 3 more songs for the DVD, and maybe 3 more for the tour, for a total of 19. I think we'll see Isle of Innisfree for sure. There's also the new version of When you believe that Chloe sang on the Celebration Tour last year, but I don't know if it's going to be on the Postcards DVD maybe on the tour. Plus we have Nella Fantasia sung by MC that was never made available on album (I think! correct me if I'm wrong) and of course, From a Distance by our dear Susan. Maybe Isle of Hope will be included in the DVD sung by Chloe like it was at Celebration, I think it makes perfect sense that this song is on a DVD with that theme. A possibility is also You Raise me Up / The Parting Glass...
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 01:09:13 PM by ÊnioBR » Logged
ShiningBright

'Sé mo laoch mo ghile mear 'Sé mo Shéasar, gile me

View Profile My blog
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2021, 01:27:18 PM »

But how should they include Mairéad's Nella Fantasia? As a bonus track, or how? Or do you mean that arrangement sung by someone else, like Megan?

Isle of Hope and Isle fo Innisfree are very likely, and maybe The Parting Glass unless they try to go for something different. Perhaps Danny Boy. Other old songs I think would suit the album are The Water is Wide, She Moved Thru' The Fair, My Lagan Love or Carrickfergus.

Other than that, I think Morning has Broken (or Bunessan as fiddle solo) would be lovely for them, and suit the album very much, and especially John Rutter's All Things Bright and Beautiful. Maybe something like Love's Old Sweet Song or a stylistically similar song. Also An Maighdean Mara, The Trees They Grow So High
and Early one Morning.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 01:34:51 PM by ShiningBright » Logged
ÊnioBR

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2021, 03:34:15 PM »

I see this album as a prelude to what's coming in August 2022, the Shows in Ireland is certainly recording a new PBS Special that was already scheduled even before the pandemic. So maybe they picked the most "Irish" songs and made Postcards From Ireland and next year we'll have more songs to complement this one. But this is JUST a speculation.... It may happen and it may not, it may be a Christmas special for example  :D :D
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2021, 06:25:42 PM »

Wouldn't it be terrible though to have Nella Fantasia recorded by another member. To me this look's exactly like when Alex left and they took her additional song for Song's from the Heart and recorded it My Heart Was Home Again on Believe as a duet with both Lisa's!
I guess not if history repeats itself. Mairead Carlin has sung Nella Fantasia far longer than Ave Maria with CW.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 06:27:20 PM by rfcw » Logged
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2021, 09:29:56 PM »

Maybe a re-arrangement of My Land. It would suit the theme of the album quite nicely and would be great for a montage on a DVD.

Though pretty doubtful, maybe Chloë gets to do Love Song for Ireland on the DVD.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 09:38:06 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
CelticSweater
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2021, 10:22:16 PM »

Wouldn't it be terrible though to have Nella Fantasia recorded by another member. To me this look's exactly like when Alex left and they took her additional song for Song's from the Heart and recorded it My Heart Was Home Again on Believe as a duet with both Lisa's!
I guess not if history repeats itself. Mairead Carlin has sung Nella Fantasia far longer than Ave Maria with CW.

Actually, Nella Fantasia was originally one of Chloe's solos for the first five years of Celtic Woman.
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2021, 12:05:20 AM »

I see this album as a prelude to what's coming in August 2022, the Shows in Ireland is certainly recording a new PBS Special that was already scheduled even before the pandemic. So maybe they picked the most "Irish" songs and made Postcards From Ireland and next year we'll have more songs to complement this one. But this is JUST a speculation.... It may happen and it may not, it may be a Christmas special for example  :D :D

Knowing that those dates next August are recording do you think maybe we could get MULTIPLE recordings out of it?
*One day is the taping for a Magic of Christmas special (we didn't get one and the album is 2 years old this year). I do enjoy the one they did for Home for Christmas eight years ago (Susan, Lisa L, Meav & Mairead).
*One day they tape a concert with these songs (one that'd be almost like Homecoming II - Homecoming was a great album) 
*One day is pickups.
Five (six soon I hope) shows.
Songs from the Heart -- 4/26/2011.
Voices of Angels -- June 11, 2017 (plus meet & Greet).
Ancient Land -- May 18, 2019.
PFI — April 16, 2022 -- After two pushbacks due to COVID.
Symphony: December 9, 2023 — At last.
20th anniversary tour -- I hope so.
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2021, 07:38:15 AM »

Actually, Nella Fantasia was originally one of Chloe's solos for the first five years of Celtic Woman.

Yes Tiffany, I do know and it will always be my most favorite her version gets me everytime when I saw her on those early tours!
I guess that makes it okay and flexible since afterall Susan got to record The Voice and Caledonia which Alex who is a CW before hadn't.
I'm a massive fan of Alex so for me seeing Susan record it for Emerald I always remind others that my favorite version was Alex.

I remember a clip on youtube called Alex Sharpe Studio and it includes a few mins or seconds of My Heart was Home Again CW version in clear Studio form. I don't know who's channel this is and how did and where did he find a portion of that song on recording. Did he make that demo from full version? Unanswered Questions
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 07:40:41 AM by rfcw » Logged
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2021, 08:09:53 AM »

Knowing that those dates next August are recording do you think maybe we could get MULTIPLE recordings out of it?
*One day is the taping for a Magic of Christmas special (we didn't get one and the album is 2 years old this year). I do enjoy the one they did for Home for Christmas eight years ago (Susan, Lisa L, Meav & Mairead).
*One day they tape a concert with these songs (one that'd be almost like Homecoming II - Homecoming was a great album) 
*One day is pickups.

A Homecoming II? Are you meaning the Postcard's from Ireland songs along with what songs? New rearrangements from other originals?

I always had my predictions that if VOA rearrangements was a massive phenomenal success that we would be in for a Voice's of Angel's Part II with more rearrangements from rest of popular original classics like May it Be.
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2021, 08:12:58 AM »

It be a bummer all over again without Mairead C and Eabha those two and Lynn and Alex would end up be four CW members who aren't represented in.Christmas songs or DVD. The difference is Mairead C and Eabha made albums.
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2023, 12:01:45 PM »

Kind of interesting in this album and special only Megan had 2 signature solos.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, The other songs - Theme by GlenS