Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:18:50 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Postcards from Ireland
| | |-+  "Postards" Tour Cast Members
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Postards" Tour Cast Members  (Read 3803 times)
mbowline

View Profile
« on: April 28, 2021, 09:27:32 AM »

Hello, I'm new to the Forum but a long-time CW follower.

What has been announced as to who the cast members will be for the "Postcards" tour?

The "Celebration" cast was announces as being Tara, Maireid, Megan, and Chloe/Susan (coming in to replace Eabha). 

But now I see that Mairead is being referred to as "former member" of CW.

And I also read that Susan is pregnant with her second child.

So I'm all confused as the who will be on the "Postcards" tour. Help!
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2021, 07:27:56 PM »

Welcome to the forum!

Thank you for your question. Mairéad announced in January on her social media channels that she was leaving the group to pursue solo work. Celtic Woman has yet to officially announce her departure or who will be taking over for Mairéad.

Chloë announced last year that her intention was to fulfill her commitment and complete the Celebration tour in 2021. The tour unfortunately had to be postponed again. She hasn't confirmed if her intention is to return in 2022 for the Postcards tour, although I think it's plausible that she will. If she does, Susan will most likely fill in for Chloë. Susan recently advised on a PBS "Virtual Visit" that she wasn't planning to tour full time.

Celtic Woman probably doesn't even know who will be taking over for Mairéad yet. They may not want to sign any new contracts until they're confident touring can resume in a profitable way.

As of yet we don't know who will be on the Postcards tour (or the Christmas tour, for that matter, should that tour proceed this year). I suspect our first clue as to who will be on the Christmas tour and/or Postcards tour will come from a venue that posts a group Celtic Woman photo that includes a new (or returning) member, followed by an official announcement by Celtic Woman a month or so before the tour.
CelticSweater
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2021, 10:07:03 PM »

As for the PFI special/DVD/CD, if it's all new, I imagine Chloe and Susan will both be a part of that, unless they choose a new or another former member. Whatever they do, I'm really looking forward to it.
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2021, 12:45:52 PM »

I doubt they go the route of another former member for a brand new CD and DVD. We only were fortunate to have Meav back for HFC of course. I'm assuming with Chloe, Susan is in a really good position as well. Susan never planned to leave aside she decided was best for her pregnancy. She is definitely in the league journey lane much like Lisa Kelly mostly or Meav even. This makes me but happy for Susan.

I already see a missed opportunity at a X Anniversary DVD or CD that features noble former members Meav, Lynn and Alex. Aside from that was it a repeat of Emerald well yes but it has former members and unique performances. The trouble there be which song each claim. My guess would been Scarborough fair with Lynn, The Voice with Alex and Meav. Idk. I'd rather have Lynn on Dulaman but gives Meav no new songs if Alex gets the Voice.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 12:56:58 PM by rfcw » Logged
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2021, 04:47:50 PM »

I have been reading your posts on who is going to be in the lineup Well i look at it this way they have had almost 2 years to fill Eabha's shoes and over a year to fill Mairead's shoes so they have had more then enough time to find new girls so i say the new line up will be Megan, Tara and new girl 1 and 2 whom ever they may be. This is the most time they have had to find a new girl so there is no reason they need to bring back past Players
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2021, 05:43:03 PM »

I tend to believe (and hope) that Chloe will be part of the tour.  She did a show in early December 2020 in Atlanta with a Q&A.  She said, among other things, that her 2020 year was supposed to be great.  She said she had something like 180 shows lined up.  She did 12. 

My guess is she goes ahead with CW for 2022 while trying to rebuild her individual brand.  She was on an upward track as a solo performer.  Like everything, it went down the tubes.  Performers want to perform!  Plus, some need the income!
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2021, 10:39:19 AM »

Chloë apparently stated on an interview with RTE Radio 1 today that she does plan to tour with Celtic Woman next spring.
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2021, 02:35:18 PM »

I've had tickets for St Petersburg, FL for 2020 which was canceled, which rolled over to 2021, which rolled over to 2022.  The theatre's website is showing a generic Postcards from Ireland picture.  Nothing about who is in the show.  In the past, they have used the typical promo photo of the girls.
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2021, 10:57:47 PM »

I've had tickets for St Petersburg, FL for 2020 which was canceled, which rolled over to 2021, which rolled over to 2022.  The theatre's website is showing a generic Postcards from Ireland picture.  Nothing about who is in the show.  In the past, they have used the typical promo photo of the girls.
Probably because of being unsure as to who the group will be.
Five (six soon) shows.
Songs from the Heart -- 4/26/2011.
Voices of Angels -- June 11, 2017 (plus meet & Greet).
Ancient Land -- May 18, 2019.
PFI — April 16, 2022 -- After two pushbacks due to COVID.
Symphony: December 9, 2023 — At last.
20th anniversary tour -- April 16, 2024.
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2021, 11:41:38 PM »

So will the lineup be?: Megan, Muirgen, Chloe & Tara or will it be Megan, Muirgen, another new girl & Tara?
Five (six soon) shows.
Songs from the Heart -- 4/26/2011.
Voices of Angels -- June 11, 2017 (plus meet & Greet).
Ancient Land -- May 18, 2019.
PFI — April 16, 2022 -- After two pushbacks due to COVID.
Symphony: December 9, 2023 — At last.
20th anniversary tour -- April 16, 2024.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2021, 11:49:28 PM »

So will the lineup be?: Megan, Muirgen, Chloe & Tara or will it be Megan, Muirgen, another new girl & Tara?

Probably Megan, Muirgen, Chloë and Tara. I think Chloë wants to follow through with her commitment to at least the end of the next spring tour. After that? Who knows.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, "Postards" Tour Cast Members - Theme by GlenS