Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:38:09 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Cast
| |-+  Mairead Carlin
| | |-+  Mairead Carlin moving on from Celtic Woman
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mairead Carlin moving on from Celtic Woman  (Read 7916 times)
CelticPrincess

"In the end the sun will rise on one more day."

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2021, 06:29:19 PM »

Very weird. Especially since every time they post anything now someone asks about it. They usually post when a member leaves.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2021, 07:46:27 PM »

Anyone else think it's weird that it's been over a week and CW has not made the announcement on their socials?

Yes! I find it very weird and I can't stop myself from wondering if there's any certain meaning behind their lack of communication, or if they just completely dropped the ball there.  It also makes me wonder how many fans out there don't even know she left if they only follow the group on social media and don't follow each of the ladies individually.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 07:48:03 PM by Tracie » Logged
CelticPrincess

"In the end the sun will rise on one more day."

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2021, 08:18:04 PM »

That's one of the main reasons I think it's weird. Even years after they left, and with the proper announcements, people kept posting on CW's page asking where Lisa Kelly and Chloe were. Mairead Carlin was there for eight years and has accumulated a fanbase! It's not like people aren't going to notice that she's not there when the next project happens!
Penny

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2021, 07:38:07 PM »

I have noticed they removed her account @ from the official Celtic Woman account’s bio though. Although nevertheless, their lack of communication regarding Mairead Carlin’s departure is a bit worrying.
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2021, 11:57:52 AM »

Does this lack of communication mean CW is over?  Two years of no shows.  This has to have an affect on both the performers and the overall corporate entity.  What's going to happen a year from now?  Will we still have to socially distance?  That will have an affect on the number of people in the theatre which affects the income.  The only way some of the venues are hanging on is due to federal money.  How long can that last?

CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2021, 02:48:32 PM »

Does this lack of communication mean CW is over?  Two years of no shows.  This has to have an affect on both the performers and the overall corporate entity.  What's going to happen a year from now?  Will we still have to socially distance?  That will have an affect on the number of people in the theatre which affects the income.  The only way some of the venues are hanging on is due to federal money.  How long can that last?

While I am certainly concerned about their future with such a long layoff and so much uncertainty in the year ahead, I try not to dwell on it too much. All I can do is find ways to support them and avoid negative thinking about things I can't control.

I don't want to be judgmental, especially since I can only assume the circumstances of the individual(s) posting for the group. They've been under heavy restrictions for close to a year, as have most of us. They've been through repeated lockdowns. That has to have an impact on mental health and if the people posting for CW haven't been through that before, they might not know how to handle it and be feeling really low. Depression (and anxiety) can affect motivation, mood, and behaviour significantly and becoming withdrawn is a common consequence. That doesn't change the fact that their communication should be better than it is, but the human aspect behind the account is something to keep in mind. We know it could be better, but we don't know why it is the way it is.

Not everyone is going to be good on social media. There is personality and skill involved. It's cheaper to do in-house than to contract it out to an agency, but I wonder if they've considered a volunteer who's passionate about the group and would be good at connecting with the fans through socials.

Ideally, I think official CW communications should be more frequent and should be connecting with fans on a more personal and emotional level. There are ways to come across as both professional and emotionally engaging at the same time.

I feel like a lot of fans don't follow the girls directly. That makes it even more important for the official communications to be active in engaging us on a deeply emotional level.

They should be acknowledging Mairead's departure and giving her heartfelt thanks for her years of wonderful work with the group and I should be crying when I read that post. If I'm not in tears, it's not done right, because Mairead has meant that much to me. How about a tribute video to her? What else are they doing right now? What about having a fan contest for the best tribute to Mairead (poems, videos, visual art, songs, etc)? There's lots of untapped potential.

They need to say something about the tour postponement, not just on socials, but through the venues / ticket-vendors to all ticket holders. Assuming people are going to find out on their own is a bad idea.
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2021, 09:40:53 AM »

The pandemic has affected everyone -- some more than others.  From a corporate standpoint, what is an "essential" worker in your corporation?  A lot of companies have determined that a receptionist isn't critical.  There are lots of automated phone systems.  No one can get inside a building, so it's not a matter of greeting guests.  How critical is "social media administrator"?  Yes, it's an important marketing function, but, if there's nothing to market, that can get cut. Go back, I don't know, maybe 10 years ago.  How did we find out about shows then? 
My business more or less shut down about 10 months ago.  Do I fight to keep it alive or say the heck with it and collect Social Security? 
CelticSweater
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2021, 10:50:58 PM »

While I am certainly concerned about their future with such a long layoff and so much uncertainty in the year ahead, I try not to dwell on it too much. All I can do is find ways to support them and avoid negative thinking about things I can't control.

I don't want to be judgmental, especially since I can only assume the circumstances of the individual(s) posting for the group. They've been under heavy restrictions for close to a year, as have most of us. They've been through repeated lockdowns. That has to have an impact on mental health and if the people posting for CW haven't been through that before, they might not know how to handle it and be feeling really low. Depression (and anxiety) can affect motivation, mood, and behaviour significantly and becoming withdrawn is a common consequence. That doesn't change the fact that their communication should be better than it is, but the human aspect behind the account is something to keep in mind. We know it could be better, but we don't know why it is the way it is.

Not everyone is going to be good on social media. There is personality and skill involved. It's cheaper to do in-house than to contract it out to an agency, but I wonder if they've considered a volunteer who's passionate about the group and would be good at connecting with the fans through socials.

Ideally, I think official CW communications should be more frequent and should be connecting with fans on a more personal and emotional level. There are ways to come across as both professional and emotionally engaging at the same time.

I feel like a lot of fans don't follow the girls directly. That makes it even more important for the official communications to be active in engaging us on a deeply emotional level.

They should be acknowledging Mairead's departure and giving her heartfelt thanks for her years of wonderful work with the group and I should be crying when I read that post. If I'm not in tears, it's not done right, because Mairead has meant that much to me. How about a tribute video to her? What else are they doing right now? What about having a fan contest for the best tribute to Mairead (poems, videos, visual art, songs, etc)? There's lots of untapped potential.

They need to say something about the tour postponement, not just on socials, but through the venues / ticket-vendors to all ticket holders. Assuming people are going to find out on their own is a bad idea.

Tom, I agree 100% and I love your ideas as well. Maybe you should e-mail the Celtic Woman website about it and message them on social media.
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2021, 12:33:59 PM »

I would tend to believe that no major corporation will outsource social media, especially to a volunteer.  Or, if they outsource it, they want to have strict control over it with significant financial penalties for posting "stupid" stuff.   While I am not making a political statement, keep in mind that our country is divided pretty close to 50/50.  Anything you say will offend about 1/2 the people who see it.
celtic4life

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2021, 01:19:38 PM »

I wonder if CW is waiting to make an announcement about Mairéad when the new lady is selected. Could be due to COVID, the selection process is taking longer than normal. They could be having a new member join and will be making the announcement as one.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Mairead Carlin moving on from Celtic Woman - Theme by GlenS