Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:43:15 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  Groups formed from past CW Members
| |-+  Caranua
| | |-+  Favorite Hymns (album featuring CaraNua)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Favorite Hymns (album featuring CaraNua)  (Read 2389 times)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« on: March 11, 2018, 12:44:35 AM »

On November 17, 2017, Jason Tonioli released an album called Favorite Hymns, featuring CaraNua!

Here's some information about the album and where you can get it:
https://tonioli.com/product/favorite-hymns-caranua-jason-tonioli/

Pre-Order:

There was a pre-order available through Jason's site offering signed copies. Jason and the girls sounded hopeful that Alex, Lynn, and Edel might be able to sign them too. In the end they ended up just being signed by Jason. I guess I'll have to get CaraNua to sign my copy in person when I finally, one day, get to meet them.

Album Cover:

I really like the album cover. I like the choice of colors and it has kind of a soothing quality to it.

I originally thought this was a picture from Utah, where the album was recorded. But it looks like it might actually be an image from New Hampshire:

Notes About the Album

The album features a full orchestra, with the involvement of Chuck E. Myers who has helped with music for Disney, Sony, Warner Brothers, on projects like Cars 3, Toy Story 2&3, Star Wars, etc.  :o

On Jason's site, it mentions:

This is the first time that former lead singers of Celtic Woman have come together to collaborate on a project since performing with Celtic Woman.

It's true that when lead performers leave Celtic Woman, they tend to go their separate ways. But they have collaborated on projects prior to this  ;)
- Meav was one of Orla's special guests in "Orla Fallon's Celtic Christmas" DVD
- Side-note: If you look closely, I'm pretty sure Eabha's in the Anuna choir during Away In A Manger
- Lisa Kelly and Chloë have done a number of shows together (including several in Peachtree City, GA)

Track List

1. Amazing Grace (Featuring CaraNua) ................................... 5:59   
2. All Creatures of Our God and King (Featuring CaraNua) ..... 4:38   
3. How Great Thou Art (Featuring Lynn Hilary) ......................... 4:57   
4. Beautiful Savior (Featuring CaraNua) .................................. 3:08   
5. Be Thou My Vision (Featuring CaraNua) .............................. 4:06   
6. Come Follow Me (Featuring Alex Sharpe) ............................ 3:27   
7. Let the Lower Lights Be Burning (Featuring CaraNua) ........ 6:21   
8. Nearer My God To Thee (Featuring Edel Murphy) ............... 5:04   
9. Going Home (Featuring CaraNua) ....................................... 4:30   
10. Till We Meet Again (instrumental) ...................................... 3:53

My Thoughts

SPOILERS BELOW

The album was beautifully arranged, deeply moving, and tremendously satisfying!

The songs are soft and soothing.

The harmony was crystal clear and quite frankly, breathtaking.

CaraNua or its members are featured on every track except the last one, which is a pleasant instrumental.

The instrumental backing, mostly piano with a touch of orchestration, really compliments their voices. There are some really nice instrumental bridges in some of the songs.

Lynn's solo 'How Great Thou Art' is one of the best Lynn Hilary solos I have ever heard. WOW!!!

Edel's solo is 'Nearer My God To Thee' and it is both lovely and haunting. I was kind of hoping for a three-part harmony with this one, but considering how gorgeous Edel sounded, I have no complaints whatsoever. I loved the little Titanic Easter egg near the end!

This album is really well done and I thoroughly enjoyed it!

SPOILERS ABOVE
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Favorite Hymns (album featuring CaraNua) - Theme by GlenS