Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:04:18 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Celtic Woman 20th Anniversary Tour
| | |-+  Your favourite songs
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your favourite songs  (Read 949 times)
GG

Ae fond kiss, and then we sever...

View Profile
« on: January 26, 2024, 11:14:55 AM »

Don't forget to state the reason(s) for your votes  :)
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2024, 01:17:22 PM »

Thanks for starting this thread! Fun!

Right now, I am really enjoying these tracks in this order:
1. Dúlamán: Really the official return of Mairead C and Meav! I really like the uilleann pipes on this version too.
2. Sionnan (Shannon): Good song to hear Emma's voice. (I chose this over Rainbow but love them both.)
3. Cinema Paradiso: I think Tracie calls this "full opera mode".
4. I Know My Love: Most fun song on the album.

All IMHO of course.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2024, 02:55:59 PM by LakersCeltics » Logged
GG

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2024, 02:30:20 PM »

My reasons for my votes:

Is Sinne Mná na hÉireann: I personally adore how this song shifts from being gentle to dramatic and then back again – it just adds to the epicness factor that is needed in such an opening number!
I Know My Love: As I've previously mentioned, this arrangement gives me Spanish flamenco/tango vibes, and I love it for that!
Sionnan (Shannon): A very simple but beautiful piece – Muirgen and Emma's voices blend together like two peas in a pod. Hand me some tissues for when they perform it on tour 🥺
Cinema Paradiso: Zero words needed, except... welcome back, Mairéad  :D
Téir Abhaile Riú: I enjoy how this stays true to the style of Gavin's arrangement, but the Celtic instruments being more prominent on it than the previous version really improves the overall tone of the song. Most importantly, the "céilí" feel that was lacking in Gavin's arrangement is back in business  :)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2024, 02:31:57 PM by GG » Logged
mattycakes

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2024, 07:23:17 PM »

My picks:

I Know My Love: always loved this song and the CD version of it is a fun number and I loved watching the girls dancing and having fun with it!

Cinema Paradiso: I loved hearing Mairead taking on this song! Her voice was stunning and the dress that she wore was breathtaking.

You Raise Me Up: I have to say, this was a moment I knew was going to be in the show, but was still just as beautiful to see. I loved the mesh between our current girls and our originals together on the stage.

Caledonia: Speaking of the originals, this song was my favorite solo that our OG's performed. It was truly a lovely arrangement, simple but stunning.

Tread Lightly: I loved this song because it was a beautiful moment between Mairead and Muirgen that showcases both of their voices blending together perfectly.
Evening Star

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2024, 08:33:59 PM »

1. Is Sinne Mná na hÉireann
- I’ve probably listened to this one a dozen times today. It’s so epic and beautiful!

2. Tread Lightly
- This song is so hauntingly gorgeous. Mairéad and Muirgen sound incredible together.

3. Dúlamán
- It’s great hearing Meav sing this iconic song with the current CW members.

4. Rainbow
- This song is really special to me. I heard it for the first time back in November when my local PBS station aired the 20th Anniversary special, during a really difficult time for me (work stress, a bad knee injury, etc.), and the lyrics brought me to tears and lifted my spirits. I really needed to hear those words. Thank you, Emma.

5. You Raise Me Up
- Hearing the members, both past and present, come together for this is so emotional and beautiful.
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2024, 12:03:21 AM »

My Choices:

I Know My Love: Best new CW fun energy number very
mairead carlin style

Cinema Paradiso: Mairead shines her own italian opera song on an album since Ave Maria a same title song both her and Chloe share even though two different versions.

Dúlamán: The Supreme Meav shining a performance of this epic new version which she shined on Voices of Angels album will now greater chance be recognized!

Lay Down Your Head: What more can you say if Meav was to voice a parent mom or voice a new princess in a new Disney movie this would be the most magical in the style that we love of Meav and magical singing!

You Raise Me Up: The instrumentation the horns, choir this is the best reunion version to bring back the originals...Lisa's soft gentle solo is beautifully surprising it's been so long! I love seeing all the pairs together they complement so well!!

Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2024, 10:37:32 PM »

I've been thinking about this since the album came out last week and during my many many many times listening to it. I have a very clear top 2, but then way too many contenders for the next 3 to be able to choose. So I'm going to give a top 2 for now and I'm being lazy and copying this from a different post where we were also choosing favorites since my reasons here are still exactly how I feel!

1) Mairéad's Cinema Paradiso - big shock, right? Anybody who knows me knows that Mairéad is my all-time favorite singer, that her stunningly gorgeous voice is my favorite thing on earth, and that she's a very dear friend of mine. Watching this live at the filming, my jaw was dropped the entire time in awe of the beauty. And as beautiful as this song is in the special, it's even more spectacular on tour where Mairéad is really showing off her opera voice. Phenomenal performance!

2) Muirgen's A Stor Mo Chroi - I am loving this song so much! I had been waiting to hear Muirgen sing a song like this since she joined the group. I saw her perform numerous times in 2022 and really enjoyed it, but after this filming I said this is the best I've ever heard from her. Muirgen absolutely nails this song and it is so perfect for her voice!
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2024, 01:41:39 PM »

After more & more listens, I really am liking "When You Believe". I like it a lot better than when Chloe sang it originally (aka. Chloe version 1.0).

PS. How do I change my vote, if I wanted to? I only see the poll results right now.
GG

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2024, 03:41:47 AM »

After more & more listens, I really am liking "When You Believe". I like it a lot better than when Chloe sang it originally (aka. Chloe version 1.0).

PS. How do I change my vote, if I wanted to? I only see the poll results right now.
If you see 'Remove Vote', I believe that's where you can change your vote. However, that will remove all your current votes, so you'll need to vote for the one you previously chose again if you so desire.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Your favourite songs - Theme by GlenS