Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:43:23 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Cast
| |-+  Celtic Woman
| | |-+  What do you think they'll do next year?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What do you think they'll do next year?  (Read 1289 times)
kay_girl_97

View Profile
« on: December 30, 2022, 08:14:55 PM »

So we know there won't be a tour next year. What will they do? A special mini reunion show? Could they attempt to be bringing back as many former members as possible? If they did, who would return?
I know Lisa K likely won't as she wants to be known for herself now that she's on her own and has her music school to run. Hayley and Deidre haven't mentioned (or barely mentioned) CW since they left.
Lisa L and Mairead N always have jam packed schedules
Alex, Eabha, Meav, Orla, Susan or even Hayley and Deidre could make an appearance in whatever CW is planning, but I don't see them touring with all of them having kids.
What do you think?
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2022, 07:01:45 AM »

Alex and Meav have older kids.
Isn’t Alex’s son in his 20s??
Five (six soon I hope) shows.
Songs from the Heart -- 4/26/2011.
Voices of Angels -- June 11, 2017 (plus meet & Greet).
Ancient Land -- May 18, 2019.
PFI — April 16, 2022 -- After two pushbacks due to COVID.
Symphony: December 9, 2023 — At last.
20th anniversary tour -- I hope so.
kay_girl_97

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2022, 09:57:18 AM »

I guess I didn't know how old Alex's son is.
Meav's daughters are a little older, but her second Catherine is making a name for herself in acting, so Meav might want to stay home to support her
« Last Edit: December 31, 2022, 05:18:40 PM by kay_girl_97 » Logged
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2022, 03:39:36 PM »

Interesting that they have never said WHY they aren't touring.  I also find it a little strange that they bring in Hannah for a month worth of shows, and then don't do anything else.  I wonder what the contracts, especially Hannah's, says?  Are they hired for a tour?  A time period?

We all know COVID affected a lot of people, including musical groups.  Groups start touring again and it appears the audiences were coming back.  Now you shut down again for a year?  There's something going on that we don't know about.

CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2022, 03:57:36 PM »

Interesting that they have never said WHY they aren't touring.  I also find it a little strange that they bring in Hannah for a month worth of shows, and then don't do anything else.  I wonder what the contracts, especially Hannah's, says?  Are they hired for a tour?  A time period?

We all know COVID affected a lot of people, including musical groups.  Groups start touring again and it appears the audiences were coming back.  Now you shut down again for a year?  There's something going on that we don't know about.

Wasn’t it said that it was to give everyone a break before the 20th anniversary?
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2023, 08:59:35 PM »

Even if they toured what would it be? Postcards from Ireland 2nd Year with Hannah instead of Chloe or Celebration Tour 2.0. This is very interesting seeing a break.. It Be incredible if somehow a 20th Anniversary DVD was made like Postcards from Ireland and have as much former members sing in backdrops locations even if it were just solos by looking at the style ways the new director is taking CW on!
ÊnioBR

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2023, 12:18:40 PM »

Oh my, I have no idea what's going to happen to the CW this year...
Being able to have a new DVD on holiday, or may have nothing

I'll tell you what I think about this cancellation situation:
First of all this is super unusual, I've never seen The CW cancel an entire tour before. The truth is that to do a tour you need a lot of logistics like air tickets for all the team, necessary food for everyone, gasoline, bus, driver, set design, set design team, car/bus for the different teams. .. Anyway, there is a lot of logistics involved, a lot! And that means Money, or rather Investment.

It takes an investment to do a big tour like the CW does, and let's ASSUME that for them to recoup that investment, they need a minimum of 30 shows.

This is where the problem comes in: If the CW is having trouble booking venues to the point that most are not available, the tour becomes economically unfeasible because it won't make a profit, just a loss.

Soooo, something unforeseen happened for they canceled 2013 Tour, and I believe it is a logistical problem, such as booking venues, etc.. If that's really the case, it makes more sense to cancel the 2013 tour that would be incomplete, to do something bigger and better in 2024, this is how I see it.
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2023, 12:57:34 PM »

If it's a quiet year in terms of touring & a new album, here's my wish list on other things I'd LIKE to see in 2023.
- Release Christmas Cards from Ireland in hard CD format.
- More non-music merch (e.g.  calendars, postcards set from PFI, Christmas ornaments that were sold on the Symphony tour, etc.).
- More contests through their socials (e.g. signed postcard set). BTW I like how they call them "Competitions".
- Signed / autographed stuff in their store. A lot of other artists have signed CDs & other stuff. One of the coolest things I've seen is Keith Harkin (from Celtic Thunder) would send you a signed postcard while traveling on tour.
CWFella2011

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2023, 03:26:31 PM »

If it's a quiet year in terms of touring & a new album, here's my wish list on other things I'd LIKE to see in 2023.
- Release Christmas Cards from Ireland in hard CD format.
- More non-music merch (e.g.  calendars, postcards set from PFI, Christmas ornaments that were sold on the Symphony tour, etc.).
- More contests through their socials (e.g. signed postcard set). BTW I like how they call them "Competitions".
- Signed / autographed stuff in their store. A lot of other artists have signed CDs & other stuff. One of the coolest things I've seen is Keith Harkin (from Celtic Thunder) would send you a signed postcard while traveling on tour.
Yeah. If there are more songs than the four on Christmas Cards from Ireland I'd love to see a 12-14 track version instead of 4.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, What do you think they'll do next year? - Theme by GlenS