Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:40:42 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  A Christmas Symphony Tour 2022
| | |-+  The Toys' Waltz
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Toys' Waltz  (Read 891 times)
GG

Ae fond kiss, and then we sever...

View Profile
« on: November 04, 2022, 08:17:14 AM »

The Christmas Cards from Ireland EP has now released, and with it comes a song entitled The Toys' Waltz (which we're possibly going to get a music video for judging by this Facebook post - https://www.facebook.com/celticwoman/videos/-new-musicceltic-woman-is-delighted-to-announce-the-release-of-the-new-ep-christ/1157796211486042/).

The description of the EP lists this as an original song, but I'd like to make a few things clear: while it IS an original song that was written and composed by Daragh O'Toole, it wasn't written especially for CW. Rather, it is the third of four movements in his Ballymun Lullaby suite, which comprises four original songs for choir and orchestra, and was first recorded by Ron Cooney's Ballymun Music Programme alongside the RTÉ Concert Orchestra and Cór na nÓg conducted by David Brophy back in 2009. There is a 2011 documentary film entitled Ballymun Lullaby which looks at the making of the EP (unfortunately, I've had no luck finding the full thing online, but there are trailers and clips available on YouTube).

So, what are your thoughts on CW's version? I liked it a lot. The harmonies are really good, and I was a little bit surprised but happy to hear Susan's voice on it as well.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2022, 10:40:12 PM »

It's certainly the most intriguing and refreshing of the 4 tracks on the EP. Most of us have heard the typical Christmas songs covered in many, many different ways already.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, The Toys' Waltz - Theme by GlenS