Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:28:07 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Compilations & Collaborations
| | |-+  An Irish Journey
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: An Irish Journey  (Read 1340 times)
GG

Ae fond kiss, and then we sever...

View Profile
« on: July 30, 2021, 06:03:01 AM »

An Irish Journey was released on October 3, 2011 exclusively in France. This fifteen-track compilation album contains previous recordings from the original Celtic Woman album up to Songs from the Heart, as well as one new song.

Track listing:
1. The Water is Wide (featuring Bagad de Lann-Bihoué) – Chloë Agnew, Lisa Kelly, Máiréad Nesbitt, Lisa Lambe
2. The Coast of Galiçia – Máiréad Nesbitt
3. Harry's Game – Órla Fallon
4. Dúlamán – Méav Ní Mhaolchatha
5. Amazing Grace – Chloë Agnew, Lisa Kelly, Lynn Hilary, Alex Sharpe
6. Danny Boy – Méav Ní Mhaolchatha
7. Níl Sé'n Lá – Chloë Agnew, Lisa Kelly, Máiréad Nesbitt, Lynn Hilary, Alex Sharpe
8. Isle of Innisfree – Órla Fallon
9. Granuaile's Dance – Máiréad Nesbitt
10. Galway Bay – Chloë Agnew
11. Mo Ghile Mear – Chloë Agnew, Lisa Kelly, Órla Fallon, Máiréad Nesbitt, Méav Ní Mhaolchatha, Hayley Westenra
12. The Voice – Lisa Kelly, Máiréad Nesbitt
13. At the Céilí (Live from Slane Castle) – Lisa Kelly, Órla Fallon, Máiréad Nesbitt, Méav Ní Mhaolchatha
14. You Raise Me Up – Chloë Agnew, Lisa Kelly, Órla Fallon, Máiréad Nesbitt, Lynn Hilary
15. Spanish Lady (Live from Slane Castle) – Chloë Agnew, Lisa Kelly, Órla Fallon, Méav Ní Mhaolchatha, Hayley Westenra

Lisa Kelly gave an interview about the album, saying "The songs are very specific to this album, and it definitely reflects the name of it. When you throw in songs, like Isle of Innisfree and Galway Bay, you give people a glimpse of where you come from, and how beautiful Ireland actually is. And then we've got the more modern Irish songs with You Raise Me Up and The Voice, and then you've got the reliable and the beautiful Danny Boy, which I think people really expect to hear from you. So it was definitely in the heading of the album, called An Irish Journey. I think this really does reflect what it is."

David Downes also gave an interview about the album, saying "We've recorded The Water is Wide with the fabulous Bagad de Lann-Bihoué, and it's an interesting collaboration because when I was nineteen I toured with Alan Stivell, a famous Breton musician, and I worked with Dan Ar Braz, an also kind of famous Breton musician, and a lot of Celtic Woman musicians and our engineer, Andrew Boland, have worked in the past with the Bagad de Lann-Bihoué and with many musicians over there. So it seemed like a very natural collaboration. We're kind of brothers-in-arms, I suppose, so we all really just thought this would be a great idea. The bagad (bagpipes) is so fantastic, and the opportunity is great for us to get to work with them."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, An Irish Journey - Theme by GlenS