Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:39:53 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  Groups formed from past CW Members
| |-+  Caranua
| | |-+  Celtic Dreaming - Writeup
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Celtic Dreaming - Writeup  (Read 2332 times)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« on: October 16, 2019, 12:36:56 AM »

*** Mini-writeup below! Contains spoilers! ***

CaraNua's album Celtic Dreaming has begun releasing on digital platforms!

I listened to the whole album on Spotify while I wait for my signed copy to arrive in the mail.

Track Listing:

1. The Voice
2. The Prayer (Let Your Arms Enfold Us)
3. Dulaman
4. Baby Mine
5. The Rocky Road to Dublin
6. Danny Boy
7. Magic Enfolds
8. Daughters of Danu
9. 900 Years - Children of Lir
10. Ave Maria
11. Banshee Lullaby
12. Here's to the Living (The Parting Glass)

There are 4 tracks from the Evermore Park soundtracks:
- Magic Enfolds
- Daughters of Danu
- 900 Years - Children of Lir
- Banshee Lullaby

Thoughts:

Most of the songs are soft, soothing tunes. Most of the tracks have an acoustic sound, an excellent choice, I thought, since it allows their voices to remain the focus and allows the listener to fully appreciate the pristine vocal harmony.

Lynn did all the vocal arrangements and my goodness are they ever intricate! One of the strengths of Celtic Woman tracks are their consumability: they're very easy to listen to. Celtic Dreaming, on the other hand, thrives in its crystal clarity and sophistication.

Most of the vocal arrangements have a jazzy quality to them.

CaraNua have taken songs we're quite familiar with and made them totally unique to their style. The tracks all have a very fresh sound. There are some surprises too. The Parting Glass is definitely not what you're expecting. ;)

My favourite track is probably Daughters of Danu. Alex wrote that one and it's pretty epic!

There wasn't a single track on the album I didn't like. Lynn's arrangements are phenomenal!

If you've listened to Jason Tonioli's Favorite Hymns album, the vocal arrangements have similar characteristics, but in my opinion, the design of the harmony is even fancier in Celtic Dreaming. The sound and sophistication is astonishing! Some might find Favorite Hymns easier to listen to, depending on your taste in music, but Celtic Dreaming feels more intellectually stimulating.

This album succeeds in being unique, intriguing and gorgeous.

I hope you all enjoy it too!

*** Mini-writeup above! Contains spoilers! ***
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 03:16:13 PM »

Celtic Dreaming released with perfect timing today so I could get it onto my ipod before flying to Amsterdam! I listened to the album twice on the first leg of our flight and we're now on a layover. This album is stunningly gorgeous! I absolutely love it! So many of the songs had me in complete awe. I love Lynn's vocal arrangements. As Tom said, they are very intricate and sophisticated. I really hope CaraNua does live Celtic Dreaming shows!
White Rose

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2019, 03:34:33 PM »

Got it in the mail today.

The arrangements are really good. Lynn's got a lot of skill there. None of the songs on the album sound anywhere close to the normal versions of those songs.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Celtic Dreaming - Writeup - Theme by GlenS