Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:29:31 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  Celebration: The 15th Anniversary Tour
| | |-+  Celebration Speculation
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Celebration Speculation  (Read 9175 times)
mattycakes

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2019, 12:29:03 PM »

So! Since the next four is apparently gonna be the 15th Anniversary Tour, that suggests that Celtic Woman will probably be revisiting several old songs. While they have re-made plenty of the old songs, I'm just curious what one song, if any, from each album (apart from compiled like TGJ or Emerald) you would like to hear! (Except David Downes originals, that'll be a different post)

I'll start!

Original: Orinoco Flow (I want the original back seeing as I think it's 100% superior to the AL version)
A New Journey: The Last Rose Of Summer (as a duet between Mairead and Megan)
Songs From The Heart: Carolina Rua (I would love to hear this song once again, preferably performed by Mairead, seeing as she said she auditioned with this song)
Lullaby: When You Wish Upon A Star (preferably by Megan, she has the vocal strength to match up to Lisa, or, if they wanted to do a more subdued version, she could very easily do that as well)
Believe: The Water Is Wide (unlike the Believe version, I would prefer a more subdued version sung by Eabha and her magnificent haunting voice)
Destiny: Westering Home (my favorite song from Destiny, they can keep it the same since it is so very beautiful)
Voices Of Angels: Time To Say Goodbye (this would be stunning with the addition of Megan seeing as she's a classical soprano while Susan was theatrical)
Ancient Land: Mná na hÉireann (this is the perfect song for a group called Celtic Woman and the girls perform it flawlessly)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 05:48:02 PM »

Original: The Soft Goodbye. The incredibly clear harmony the current lineup and Gavin Murphy can achieve would be so amazing for this song.
A New Journey: The Last Rose Of Summer (as a duet between Mairead and Megan) ... yeah, I agree with you mattycakes, this one needs to happen. BUT, I have to pick a second one: Beyond the Sea. I'm not sure how you could possibly make that arrangement any better, but that's one of my top 10 all-time, so I have to wish for it.
Songs From The Heart: The Call. The more I listened to the version from SftH over the years, the more I started to think they left a lot on the table with that arrangement. It was good, but it could have been so much more. I imagine a brand new arrangement with crystal clear harmony and strong base like they achieved in the VoA O America arrangement. I'd be pretty happy with Carolina Rua by Mairead though too.
Lullaby: Goodnight My Angel as either a 2 or 3-part harmony and Tara on violin. Mairead and Megan on vocals and possibly Eabha as well.
Believe: A Woman's Heart. This one took a lot of thought because I think there are many excellent possibilities to choose from Believe. I think the current lineup could do an incredible job with this one.
Destiny: My Land. Susan's soothing voice was pretty much perfect for this song, so I'm a little hesitant on this one. Megan's voice might come in a little strong. Still, it's one of my ultimate life-changer songs, so if they re-arranged it right, it would be amazing.
Voices Of Angels: O, America
Ancient Land: Bean Pháidín ... believe it or not, this one was the hardest. I wanted to pick an old ceili song from one of the other albums, but I couldn't think of a better one in the long history history of great ceili songs by Celtic Woman, so I had to go with this one.
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 10:52:41 AM »

Original
Nella Fantasia Gavin Murphy arrangement
Send Me a Song New Arrangement
New Journey
The Blessing (Group)
Song's from the Heart
O America VOA
Nil Sen La VOA
Lullaby
Any three people would be shocked if they never known or purchased the Lullaby. They never performed any of the new on tour.
Believe
The World Falls Away only
Destiny
Suil a run Destiny version
Voice's of Angel's
Dulaman
Ancient Land
Follow On
Bean Phaden
Orinoco Flow classic of course
Comments
A New arrangement of The Call and Beyond The Sea
for an album but on tour not sure if they should do them keep that for SFTH and New Journey Highlights for the original members only same for My Land for Susan.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 11:12:34 AM by rfcw » Logged
kay_girl_97

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2019, 04:46:19 PM »

It would be cool if Alex Lynn and Meav could each do a few dates like they did for the tenth anniversary. Having Lisa L and Susan do so would be nice too, but Susan's baby is still little and Lisa L is always busy.
Kevin R.I.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2019, 04:51:09 AM »

I hope Orinoco Flow will be included.
mattycakes

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2020, 11:37:22 AM »

Now that we know Chloe is rejoining for the Celebration Tour, I'm curious as to what songs we think she'll revisit!

Several of her songs (specifically Ave Maria and Nella Fantasia) have been revisited by Celtic Woman since her departure, having been covered by Mairead. What songs do we think Celtic Woman may rearrange for her (since she departed during the David Downes era and hasn't been present for the Gavin Murphy era)?

Here's my speculation: I seriously doubt they'll revisit Nella or Ave again. At the very least, I don't expect Chloe to do so. Personally, I would love if she revisited Galway Bay! In particular, I can imagine her singing that song with Tara playing the harp to accompany her. I can do without the bagpipes (tbh, I never really felt they fit with the sound of the song; I always felt a tin whistle would have sounded better than the bagpipes). I would also LOVE if she could revisit the song Someday! I absolutely adore that song and never even knew of its existence until CW! Chloe's version is actually one of the reasons why I fell in love with Hunchback Of Notre Dame so hard and is the reason I am wishing, hoping, and praying that Disney does a live-action remake. I actually can't see her doing When You Believe, which I feel is her signature song, without a larger choir on tour.

Further, I really hope we get a beautiful operatic song between Chloe and Mairead. Personally, I would love the two of them to sing The Prayer together!
celtic4life

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2020, 05:57:01 PM »

Do you think they will film this tour at INEC Killarney on Aug 7th, 8th, 9th? Last time they took the tour home (Homecoming) it was recorded for DVD and PBS.

celtic4life

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2020, 06:16:46 PM »

Now that we know Chloe is rejoining for the Celebration Tour, I'm curious as to what songs we think she'll revisit!

Several of her songs (specifically Ave Maria and Nella Fantasia) have been revisited by Celtic Woman since her departure, having been covered by Mairead. What songs do we think Celtic Woman may rearrange for her (since she departed during the David Downes era and hasn't been present for the Gavin Murphy era)?

Here's my speculation: I seriously doubt they'll revisit Nella or Ave again. At the very least, I don't expect Chloe to do so. Personally, I would love if she revisited Galway Bay! In particular, I can imagine her singing that song with Tara playing the harp to accompany her. I can do without the bagpipes (tbh, I never really felt they fit with the sound of the song; I always felt a tin whistle would have sounded better than the bagpipes). I would also LOVE if she could revisit the song Someday! I absolutely adore that song and never even knew of its existence until CW! Chloe's version is actually one of the reasons why I fell in love with Hunchback Of Notre Dame so hard and is the reason I am wishing, hoping, and praying that Disney does a live-action remake. I actually can't see her doing When You Believe, which I feel is her signature song, without a larger choir on tour.

Further, I really hope we get a beautiful operatic song between Chloe and Mairead. Personally, I would love the two of them to sing The Prayer together!

This is great. I just bought ticket for Athens. I originally didn't plan to go this year. Decided to take a break. Now that the announcement has gone out about Chloe I jumped online and order me a ticket. I can't wait for March 8th!!
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2020, 05:48:39 PM »

I find it interesting why the girls with Eabha would do a photo shoot before which I am not sure when in 2019 they did it for it to change...Eabhas announcement was sudden later I guess.
rfcw

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2020, 05:52:03 PM »

Anything's possible even so if Chloe's present.
They didn't do a 10th Anniversary and I hope it wasn't because of Emerald. Homcoming was VOA and not an anniversary thing I am probably thinking they'll be a new member sometime depend if Chloe pulls a Lynn later extension or not.

Do you think they will film this tour at INEC Killarney on Aug 7th, 8th, 9th? Last time they took the tour home (Homecoming) it was recorded for DVD and PBS.
Johnjumps1903

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2020, 11:06:26 AM »

https://www.broadwayworld.com/amp/c.php?url=CELTIC-WOMAN-Bring-15th-Anniversary-Tour-To-Van-Wezel-20200204

i was reading this article and noticed it said a 12-piece choir and band. in the ancient land tour they had 2 drummers, 2 pipers, a guitar player and a piano player and 3 (2 for the tours later in the year) backing vocal males. that adds up to 9 people (8) in total. anyone know if the 12 is referring to the actual band and backing vocalists or does it include the girls as well?🤔just had me wondering if they were planning on having a bigger choir or something for this tour.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2020, 09:23:48 AM »

I'm finding this difficult because most of my choices from the David era would be David songs. The one non-David song from each album I would most love to see on the Celebration tour:

Original: May It Be
A New Journey: Caledonia
Songs from the Heart: Galway Bay
Believe: Teir Abhaile Riu
Emerald: Caledonia
Destiny: Westering Home
Voices of Angels: Time to Say Goodbye
Homecoming: Mo Ghile Mear
Ancient Land: Bean Phaidin
ShiningBright

'Sé mo laoch mo ghile mear 'Sé mo Shéasar, gile me

View Profile My blog
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2020, 04:38:18 PM »

Not counting Downes originals...

Celtic Woman: I Dreamt I Dwellt In Marble Halls
A New Journey: The Last Rose of Summer
Songs from the Heart: Isle of Hope
Believe: Green Grow The Rashes (I know they spell it rushes, but that's technically a different song...which I'd like them to sing for Christmas)
Destiny: My Land
Voices of Angels: Mo Ghile Mear
Ancient Land: Mná na hÉireann
VegasDavid

🌴

View Profile My home page
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2020, 01:46:55 AM »

I think they have to do O' America.  That song is iconic.
Kevin R.I.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2020, 05:19:23 AM »

Would LOVE Orinoco Flow and Spanish Lady.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Celebration Speculation - Theme by GlenS