Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:01:38 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Cast
| |-+  Eabha McMahon
| | |-+  Eabha's patreon page
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eabha's patreon page  (Read 2428 times)
Tracie

View Profile
« on: November 23, 2020, 08:27:03 PM »

Eabha launched a patreon page today! Patreon is an online community where Eabha can share content with her fans, and we fans can support her as an artist. She has five different tiers of support to choose from, with the benefits increasing at each level. Go check it out! I'm super excited to see what all she'll do on there!

https://www.patreon.com/avaworld
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2023, 12:48:14 PM »

Is anyone a member of Eabha's patreon? If so, what level are you at? And is it worth the money in your opinion?

Just curious. I think about it, but I'm on a budget...
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2023, 01:06:48 PM »

Éabha produces the most content of anyone I subscribe to on Patreon. I subscribe to a level that can do the Meet and Greets.

Some highlights include:
- Group zoom Meet and Greets every month or two
- She gives us early listens to her songs
- Vlogs and blogs and podcasts, all of which are pretty good
- Éabha shares her poetry with us
- Some exclusive merch

The value of those things would be subjective. The Meet and Greet tiers are definitely a lot of money. She's really committed to her Patreon content though and not everyone on Patreon is.
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2023, 05:49:41 PM »

Thanks for the insight. That's good info, i.e. that she puts a lot of work & content into it. Sounds fun. Especially those levels I can't afford!

Will think about it...
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2023, 07:26:53 PM »

I'm also on Éabha's patreon at a level that includes meet and greets. I personally think it's definitely worth it. The meet and greets are so much fun. She also has tons of content on there and puts new posts up frequently. Even if she didn't have lots of content, I would still think it was worth it just to know that I'm directly supporting her music. I love it!
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2023, 12:22:25 AM »

I would like to put my 2 cents in on this. I don't do any patreon's for any artist or any other person. These are my own thoughts and feelings so no fair hanging me afterwards

1 I feel that some artist's forget about all the other fans they have that are not patreon's. Like Eabha I love her but she has lost many normal fans non Patreon's what has she posted other then a photo or 2 on instagram other then that she has posted nothing. other then on Patreon

I support a Artist my way by watching there youtube posts, This forum, the 10 or so FB and Twitter accounts by posting ad's for there new CD's or DVD's and EP's or post links to stageit shows Buying CD, DVDs, EP'S  this is how I support a Artist. I know it's not the same as being a patreon but when you live on a very fixed income that isn't really very high in fact it's fairly low I live On S.S. and a small monthly income of $500.00 a month. This is why i don't do patreon but like I said the artist has to remember the little guys without the little guys alot of artists wouldn't make it

By all means if you can afford to be a Patreon be one but do what you can to remind the Artist's not to forget the little guys No Artist can afford to loose the non Patreon fans

So no shooting me because of how I feel about this topic I still am a big fan of Eabha's she just has to remember us non Patreon fans

Thanks
LakersCeltics

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2023, 01:05:14 AM »

@Tracie: Thanks for your input too. Good point about supporting the artist. My friend is a part-time musician, and he was explaining to me how hard it is to make a living being a full-time musician. I think you need at least 1 million streams / month to replace a "normal" 9-to-5 job for example.

@GlenS: (You're the admin. You can say whatever you want!) Seriously, I hear you. In fact, I started looking at Eabha's patreon because of exclusive merch that is not on her normal website. So I see both sides of it.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 01:07:51 AM by LakersCeltics » Logged
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2023, 01:12:00 PM »

I agree with both perspectives.

They need to make a living and they don't make enough on music and merch sales, especially when not touring. Patreon is a way to give people incentive / opportunity to support them by presenting exclusive content. If they don't have exclusive content on there with sufficient value, it wouldn't be a good business strategy. But there needs to be a balance between the exclusive and social media content and not everyone on Patreon has found that balance.

Some artists are totally comitted to Patron. But I support some artists on Patreon that do virtually nothing on there and do everything on social media instead, so the scale leans both ways.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Eabha's patreon page - Theme by GlenS