Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:55:52 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Cast
| |-+  Chloe Agnew
| | |-+  Chloë announces MASSIVE fundraising campaign and two new albums!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chloë announces MASSIVE fundraising campaign and two new albums!  (Read 4434 times)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« on: August 29, 2019, 08:56:03 PM »

Chloë announced a huge fundraising campaign tonight along with 2 new albums and possibly a TV special!

There is a LOT of information on her campaign site, so if you want all the details, check it out.

Chloë has decided to release two independent albums, without the backing of a powerful marketing machine. That means she has total control over what and when she releases. She can make the music she wants to make and the music that we want to hear. While that gives her unprecedented freedom, it also means she really needs our help to fund her projects.

Her first two albums (she's calling them projects, but I assume they will become albums, possibly of different titles) are:

Reimagine

Will feature the classic songs you know me for plus ones you may have heard me sing on stage but I never have recorded.   All reimagined and told my way.

Written on my Heart

If you have been following my journey you will already know that songwriting has become a huge part of my life.  I have been privileged to work with some amazing writers from around the world. Each is helping me tell my story all while creating music that I hope will make you feel as good as I do when I sing it.  "Written on my Heart" is a collection of these songs.

If we somehow manage to get her to $100K, she's doing a TV special for us.

She's offering a lot of other levels funding rewards as incentives (as if we needed more reasons to support her). Some of the rewards are insanely amazing. Details are on her campaign site!

« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 05:50:52 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
Maloney

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2019, 09:32:11 AM »

If only I had an extra 10 K ……………………….
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2019, 06:19:34 PM »

Chloë already surpassed her target to go ahead with both album projects AND her threshold for doing music videos to promote the albums.

We're almost a third of the way to $100k. Still a long way to go, but we can do it, Chlovërs! ;D
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 06:00:01 PM »

Chloë's above $35,000 USD with 147 backers.

19 days left.

Unless some big backers are holding off until late in her campaign I think getting to $100k is going to be really tough. But every little bit helps her to make her new albums with all the bells and whistles she's dreamed of. I'm sure she'll put all the extra to excellent use as well.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2019, 05:08:35 PM »

Chloë mentioned today that the first project (Reimagine) could be out by the end of the year!

She's been recording for the past few weeks and she seems really excited about the way it sounds.

Chloë says these songs sound totally different than the way we've heard her perform them before!

This is so exciting!
VegasDavid

🌴

View Profile My home page
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2019, 05:52:26 PM »

Chloë is up to $36,789 from 160 backers with 12 days left.

I still think there will be a big surge near the end, but probably not big enough to reach $100,000.
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2019, 09:44:54 AM »

I made a donation.  I have a M&G ticket to see her on October 15 so it will be interesting to see what she says.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2019, 04:31:01 PM »

Nathan Carter was apparently recording some accordion for Chloë's new album this weekend.
VegasDavid

🌴

View Profile My home page
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2019, 01:08:34 PM »

Chloë is up to $38,622 from 178 backers, with 8 days left.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2019, 04:40:02 PM »

Chloë announced that she's wrapped almost all her vocal recordings for her first independent album (the "Reimagine" project).

There's still a lot of instruments to add and other work to be done on the tracks, but it's coming along! She seems REALLY excited!

Less than a week left in Chloë's Indiegogo fundraiser campaign!
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2019, 05:06:42 PM »

Less than 4 days to go and she's at $39,232 USD!

She's only $768 away from doubling her goal!
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2019, 08:19:15 PM »

Chloë just got to $40,000 on her Indiegogo campaign!!!

Well done, Chlovërs!

Now if we can just get 6 people to pledge her 10k each in the next 2 days, we can get her a TV special!  ;D
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2019, 07:31:40 AM »

Chloë's campaign wrapped up overnight. In total, she had 242 backers and raised $44,945 USD!

She more than doubled her goal of $20,000!

Chloë was a little nervous about doing one of these campaigns because she wasn't sure if we'd have the will or the means to support her on this scale. She has made a real difference in many of our lives over the years. I'm glad we could finally make a difference in hers.

Who knows what miracles
You can achieve
When you believe somehow you will
You will when you believe
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2019, 01:20:59 AM »

Chloë released her album Reimagined on Indiegogo today for those who pledged a sufficient amount to her campaign!

While I'm sure everyone's eager to hear about and discuss the album, please keep in mind that Chloë let us hear the album early as a courtesy. The album had not yet released to the general public, so please don't post the track list, any track names, or anything else that might spoil the surprise. The album can be discussed after it had been released officially by Chloë.

General reactions are fine, but no specifics please.

Thanks everyone and enjoy the album.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 01:26:58 AM by CWazyTom » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Chloë announces MASSIVE fundraising campaign and two new albums! - Theme by GlenS