Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:43:44 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  Everything Else
| |-+  Forum Questions & Comments
| | |-+  Email confirmations once new members are approved
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Email confirmations once new members are approved  (Read 2302 times)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« on: October 14, 2018, 05:40:45 PM »

Hey Glen,

Do we know if there's any issue with the forum or its hosting company sending out email confirmations once new accounts are approved?

It's sending out private messages and initial registration confirmations ok, but after people are approved by one of us, I'm not sure if they're always getting an email to say they're account has been approved.

My test account I made a couple of weeks ago didn't get an approval confirmation email and one of the other recent registrants didn't get one either.

Thanks.
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 07:02:44 PM »

it worked for me with a test account when you approve a person you have to select approve with email then the forum will send a email if you just approve the person it won't send a email

Welcome, Cork!

Your account has been activated manually by the admin and you can now login and post. Your username is: Cork.

So as far as I know all is well with the forum as far as emailing goes
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 11:53:25 PM »

That's encouraging.

I suspect I just didn't send it for my test account but I'm not sure what happened to the other approval.

The task logs get pruned after a few days so I'm not sure if there was any approval notification issues on October 6th when mattycakes got added. But for the past week or so, the forum's been logging approval notification tasks on schedule, so at least that part seems ok.

Let's keep an eye on it.

I put a note on the old forum for people to contact one of us if they have trouble registering or logging in.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Email confirmations once new members are approved - Theme by GlenS