Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:57:18 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Cast
| |-+  Lisa Kelly
| | |-+  Lisa News
| | | |-+  Lisa K show 2018 / 2019
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lisa K show 2018 / 2019  (Read 14785 times)
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2019, 07:32:10 PM »

Tom that's her way of answering my question I know Lisa and she knows me and she did answer the question she can't confirm the show since tickets are not on sale but she has already told all her students to keep that date open and she told me tickets go on sale in Feb. so read between the lines and fill in the blanks

I agree. I think there's enough evidence to conclude there's a show on that date at this point. Man, if there's any other shows announced in May, I'm going to go crazy.

Common Chloë. Let's have a nearby weekend show in March or April that isn't on the March 9th weekend. Between a Mairead show I may or may not be able to get to, three flights to two shows in two countries in one weekend, and 6 total flights in May so far, I'm gonna lose my mind if I don't get a nice stress-free, cost-effective show in there somewhere.
VegasDavid

🌴

View Profile My home page
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2019, 08:16:35 PM »

Let's not forget how Lisa Kelly's words went last year... she promised something on February 26th, hinting that it would be in late August, but then she retracted that on May 17th.  I'm not saying you guys are necessarily wrong; take it for what it's worth.  She mentioned a date this time so maybe it's more serious.

Promise: https://www.facebook.com/lisakellysings/posts/1820915361286217
Retraction: https://www.facebook.com/lisakellysings/posts/1905613556149730

But what to do now...

Since it seems like you'd like advice: I'd just patiently wait until you can get a ticket to Lisa's thing before booking anything else that isn't refundable.   That's what I'm doing.  A mid-February announcement or even an early-March announcement still gives you 2 months to book the vacation.  I feel like most people book vacations around 1 or 2 months in advance, or at least I do and it usually works out fine.  As an example, I booked my flights to Ireland on August 8th last year and the first flight was on September 7th, so that was less than a month ahead of time.

There are a bunch of articles and studies online about when the cheapest time to book an airplane flight is, and it seems like they usually talk about the 1 to 3 month ballpark.

I am guessing that Atlanta and Calgary will not run out of hotel rooms or rental cars, but you could grab some refundable bookings right now if it makes you feel less stressed.

--David
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 10:08:43 PM by VegasDavid » Logged
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2019, 02:04:09 PM »

Well, I was planning to go and try to make connecting flights work.

But I can't go anymore.

Lisa Lambe just announced shows for May 9 and 10 in NYC.

For those keeping track. That's the day before Lisa Kelly's suspected show, which is the the day before the Celtic Woman M+G/show in Calgary.

Do do all 3 shows, I'd have to fly from Toronto to NY, then NY to Atlanta, then Atlanta to Calgary through Dallas. Uh...no thanks.

I can't do all 3 and then fly to Red Rocks like a week and a half later. I would be completely wiped out.

So change of plans again! Going to see Lisa Lambe, then fly to Calgary the next day, so I have a travel day in between Lisa L's show and the CW M+G.

Sorry Lisa Kelly, if your show is May 11, I 'May' have to wait for a better time.

I swear CaraNua, if you announce a show May 9 now...well you should have announced it sooner, because I'm not changing plans again. I am really REALLY afraid to book anything at this point. Might have to do everything last minute.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 04:13:38 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
VegasDavid

🌴

View Profile My home page
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2019, 02:55:18 PM »

Thanks for the tip, Tom!  I went to the Irish Arts Center to see some less famous people in 2018; seeing Lisa Lambe there sounds amazing, especially if you get a front-row seat.  It's a small venue.  May 9 is actually two days before Lisa Kelly's suspected show, so you would have all of May 10 to get from New York to Georgia if you want to try making a three-destination trip.

I might grab some Lisa Lambe tickets and see you there.

This May is getting crazy.

--David
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 02:57:47 PM by VegasDavid » Logged
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2019, 04:28:19 PM »

Thanks for the tip, Tom!  I went to the Irish Arts Center to see some less famous people in 2018; seeing Lisa Lambe there sounds amazing, especially if you get a front-row seat.  It's a small venue.  May 9 is actually two days before Lisa Kelly's suspected show, so you would have all of May 10 to get from New York to Georgia if you want to try making a three-destination trip.

I might grab some Lisa Lambe tickets and see you there.

This May is getting crazy.

--David

Ah, May 11 for Lisa's show. This is getting confusing.

May 9 Fly to NY for Lisa Lambe
May 10 Fly to Atlanta
May 11 Lisa Kelly in Atlanta
May 12 Fly Atlanta to Calgary (via Dallas) for Calgary M+G and hope I make it in time

That would be one expensive and exhausting trip.

If I were even more insane, I could do both Lisa Lambe shows and fly to Atlanta on May 11 for Lisa Kelly's show. Having been in Atlanta traffic before, I don't think that's a good idea at all. I need at least 4-5 hours to get from the airport to a hotel to PTC.

Also, if I want to try to do the Fox Theatre tour on Saturday morning, before the fan gathering in the afternoon and Lisa Kelly's show in the evening, I have to fly there Friday (May 10), so I can't see both Lisa Lambe's shows or see Amy Rivard while I'm in NY.

The good news is I'll get a lot of shows off my wish list at once. The bad news is that will really deplete my vacation days early in the year.

I'll have to see about flights into NY on the morning of May 9th. Otherwise, I'm flying in after work late on May 8th and spending an extra night on hotel. But wait, it gets better. I can probably only reasonably fly out of Toronto, which means I have to get into Toronto during rush hour? So either I hotel in Toronto on May 8th or hotel in NY on May 8th after taking in a late flight after work. This is getting so messed up.  ::)

If this were anyone but former members of Celtic Woman there's 0% chance I would even consider this.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2019, 04:01:22 PM »

Lisa's planning to make an announcement tomorrow. I wonder what it could be...  ;)
prideslaw

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2019, 04:37:56 PM »

Tom
Don't forget Rocktopia - Mairead N in Wilkes Barrie on May 9th, that's an in between stop!
dbbii

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2019, 05:45:40 PM »

I was at Chloe's show on February 23.  I asked her if she had any plans to be in the Atlanta area in mid-May.  No one else really understood what I was asking.  She said that if Lisa does a show, she will be there.  As of right now, she didn't know.
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2019, 01:02:05 AM »

Tom
Don't forget Rocktopia - Mairead N in Wilkes Barrie on May 9th, that's an in between stop!

May 9th I'll be seeing Lisa Lambe in NYC. ;)
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Lisa K show 2018 / 2019 - Theme by GlenS