Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:58:04 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Celtic Woman Forum
|-+  The Shows
| |-+  The Magic of Christmas 2019 Tour
| | |-+  Magic of Christmas 2019 tour
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Magic of Christmas 2019 tour  (Read 18796 times)
VegasDavid

🌴

View Profile My home page
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2019, 01:13:11 PM »

The Christmas tour shows are now listed on Celtic Woman's official site:

https://www.celticwoman.com/tour-dates/

https://www.celticwoman.com/news/celtic-woman-announce-holiday-shows-for-2019/
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2019, 02:19:05 PM »

Friday December 6th in Prior Lake, MN:
https://www.mysticlake.com/shows-and-events/celtic-woman

This venue is the first place we ever saw them live on the Destiny tour and is literally 5 miles from our house! This tour is insanely awesome with locations within our driving distance- this is now the 4th Christmas show we'll be attending! We can drive to 3 and will fly to Denver Wow!!
bobh56

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2019, 12:56:22 PM »

Looks like the list on the CW website is still a work in progress.  I just got an email from the Count Basie Center for the Arts, in Red Bank, NJ, announcing a Best of Christmas Concert on Sunday, December 1, 2019, at  7:00 pm.  Tickets go on sale on Friday, August 9, 2019.

https://thebasie.org/events/celtic-woman/?mc_cid=56e4cc4051&mc_eid=090f8d99f9
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2019, 11:41:32 AM »

The pre-sale code for the show in Prior Lake, Minnesota is FBCELTIC.  Pre-sale is today, regular sale starts tomorrow.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2019, 09:00:40 PM »

More shows were announced on the Celtic Woman website today, bringing the total to 18. The ones we didn't already know about are:

December 3rd South Bend, IN
December 13th Cherokee, NC
December 20th Manistee, MI
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2019, 07:37:58 AM »

I love that shade of red on our favorite ladies.
kay_girl_97

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2019, 04:30:44 PM »

Who else here is praying that the weather stays alright so I won't have to drive in the snow?
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

CWazy for Celtic Woman. Chlovër for life.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2019, 05:18:41 PM »

Who else here is praying that the weather stays alright so I won't have to drive in the snow?

I'll partake in that.

I'm going to be biting my nails. I have over 15 hours of driving and 6 flights coming up, including back to back to back days of shows to make it to NY and Atlanta. I have about 4+ hours of extra buffer time beyond what I'd normally consider safe, but that only helps if there are delays, not if there are cancellations. I'm most worried about getting to Chloë's show since it will have been over a year since I last met her and a I miss her terribly.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 05:41:06 PM by CWazyTom » Logged
kay_girl_97

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2019, 07:11:13 PM »

Do they have an orchestra at every Christmas show? That might be a dumb question, but this is the first Christmas show I've been to.
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2019, 07:56:54 PM »

Do they have an orchestra at every Christmas show? That might be a dumb question, but this is the first Christmas show I've been to.

That's not a dumb question at all! :)

Yes, on the Christmas tours they perform with a local orchestra at each show. The Denver one I was just at, for example, was with the Colorado Symphony. Touring with the girls is conductor Lloyd, bagpiper John, pianist Ronan (Mairead's husband), and pipes/whistle player Darragh.

Which show are you going to? If you haven't been yet, enjoy!! It's a phenomenal show!!
kay_girl_97

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2019, 06:13:32 PM »

That's not a dumb question at all! :)

Yes, on the Christmas tours they perform with a local orchestra at each show. The Denver one I was just at, for example, was with the Colorado Symphony. Touring with the girls is conductor Lloyd, bagpiper John, pianist Ronan (Mairead's husband), and pipes/whistle player Darragh.

Which show are you going to? If you haven't been yet, enjoy!! It's a phenomenal show!!

I'm going to the one in Cedar Falls, Iowa. I think the Waterloo-Cedar Falls area has an orchestra, but they are playing at the University of Northern Iowa, so maybe it's the college's orchestra
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2019, 08:38:23 PM »

Me, Gregg and Tom will be at the Cedar Falls show as well! We should try to meet! It is the Waterloo-Cedar Falls Orchestra. I had contacted them to ask about meet and greet and they said they are the correct orchestra.

The three of us did get meet and greet through Iowa PBS. Tom is looking for somebody to split his since they come in pairs, so let him know if you're interested!
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Celtic Woman Forum, Magic of Christmas 2019 tour - Theme by GlenS